1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon Working on Tivo Competitor, Any Chance It Could Work on Directv

Discussion in 'DIRECTV DVR with TiVo Discussion' started by GordonGekko, Aug 17, 2018.

1. GordonGekko

GordonGekko Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Amazon Is Planning Live TV Recorder, Challenging TiVo

The lead paragraph reports that Amazon's new device will work around cable providers, is there any way currently that Amazon could create a device that could work on Directv without their approval?

Or perhaps it would only be able to work with Directv NOW but if it was superior to Directv's streaming DVR option even that would be something intriguing as heavy DVR users could perhaps downgrade to NOW without any loss in DVR functionality.

The link I provided above has a "terms of service violation" instead of the Bloomberg link, not sure why but I am posting a link to a legit news organization, the one that broke the story.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2018
  2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Caption corrected. When you post a URL our site pulls the webpage from the source to get the title. Bloomberg reported the title as "terms of service violation" instead of "Amazon Is Planning Live TV Recorder, Challenging TiVo". I believe Bloomberg is misinterpreting the pull of the title as an attempt to cache their page, which is a violation of Bloomberg's Terms of Service. Bloomberg's site has a paywall with a limited number of free articles per month.

3. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Why not just buy TiVo? :)

Introducing the all NEW Amazon TiVo

4. sbl

sbl Icon DBSTalk Club

Jul 21, 2007
    No chance at all of it working with DirecTV.