1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMC HD pity party: Dish gets it first

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by armophob, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    I just always thought Directv would always be the tech leader on these things. Why do I get so exited about all these satellite launches?

2. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    but dish still has part time RSN HD and can't even get the game only part right and they still don't have MLB network at all.

3. gully_foyle

gully_foyle Hall Of Fame

Jan 18, 2007
    Los Angeles
    DirecTV will get AMC shortly after Mad Men ends for the year. Only question is which year.

4. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    It won't be long now. I went to facebook to post on their page and other people had already beat me to it. If I used twitter, I could probably say the same thing. You know the higher ups at D* know what we know, they don't want to be behind. I predict here very soon there will be a whole bunch of HD channels light up and they will wave it over E*'s head that we have them and they are in the lower priced package, like usual.

5. iceturkee

iceturkee DINFOS Trained Killer DBSTalk Club

Apr 1, 2007
    daytona...

there isn't a day that goes by without, at least, one tweet from dtv about amc hd. we know they are negotiating so my hunch is soon.

6. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Guys, look... at this stage of adding channels in HD, we should be encouraging DirecTV to take a hard line in negotiations... It is OUR money!

7. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Yeah, I don't want to pay more for HD, just like I don't want to pay for color. If the VS issue has shown us anything, D* isn't going to give up and pay more for the feed, no matter how many people complain that E* has it, so I am not worried about them caving and paying out for it.

These providers... they program crap and then fill it with commercials and put pop-up ads over my shows, and then they want more money. So what if Breaking Bad is costing 3 million an episode (from what I read anyway), HD is the standard now, quit charging extra for that feed and just provide it at the same cost already.

8. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    I think DirecTV should pay for the missing HD channels and get them on.

If it means higher bills, so be it.

Dish Network is the cheap one.

9. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    D* really needs to get some of these national (non-premium) HD channels that other carriers have had for a while, like AMC HD. Now that D10 is back to full operation and D12 is live, it seems that lots of HD bandwidth is available but simply isn't being used.

10. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    I'd prefer that they take out money then and use it to add new HD channel vs. buying programming for the 101 channel then.

11. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    DirecTV didn't get to be number one by chance. My instincts tell me they have a HD coup in the works!

12. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Agreed.

Ironically...with all the HD hype....the thread on the Dish side of the house has reams of complaints about the channel - not getting the HD channel itself - all the commercials they have. :D

Some of the content providers are known to be playing hard ball....Dish has already lost some channels over this kind of negotiation practice. Getting a new HD channel here or there at all cost is not a good thing for anyone.

13. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I'm just as annoyed as you all about the fact that we don't have AMCHD, but rules are rules and we do have an HD Channel Anticipation thread for this sort of thing...

This link: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=179969&page=111

will take you to the last page in the thread (as of 8/19 AM)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.