AMC long term deal

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by twistedfister77, Feb 25, 2020.

1. twistedfister77

twistedfister77 New Member

Apr 28, 2016
    Marinette,...
  2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    AMC Networks Tuesday announced today a comprehensive, long-term distribution agreement with DISH Network and Sling TV that includes continued carriage of AMC Networks’ linear channels AMC, BBC America, IFC, SundanceTV, WE tv and BBC World News, as well as the launch in the coming months of AMC Networks’ targeted SVOD services Acorn TV, Shudder, Sundance Now and Urban Movie Channel (“UMC”); AMC Networks’ ad-free offering AMC Premiere; and its IFC Films Unlimited streaming service.

Dishdude714 likes this.
  3. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    Now, since BBC World is included in the deal, why not offer the channel in AT250 then? Why Dish is reluctant to offer BBC World in a regular package is beyond me. Spectrum, Direct, etc all have BBC World in their regular packages. I have to find the channel in streaming to get it. Dish doesn't carry CNN International either, but at least I get CNN International via the CNN app, since I get CNN through Dish. Direct does carry CNN I also.

4. NYDutch

NYDutch DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Dec 28, 2013
    Package placement is often part of the contract negotiations, so Dish may not have much say about it in the final deal.