1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An Unbelievable Benefit From Dish network?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Jhon69, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Jhon69

Jhon69 Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2006
    Central San...
    Use to be you could buy all of your Dish network equipment then if you paid a $6. dollar fee for not having a qualifying programming package you could order just locals only,or HBO by itself or any other Premium Movie Service separately.

Is it still possible to do this with Dish network? and if it is,what do the Dish network subscribers think that have this?.Thanks!.:)

2. canekid

canekid Legend

Mar 30, 2004
    My take, typically you let these guys do the install, how they are trained or want. Then you go back and do what you want. So you want quad shield? Way overkill.

Basicly the service you got is much like telling a waitress to take a steak back to the kitchen because their rare is not your kind of rare.

Sure they are wrong in not doing as the customer requests, but we don't live in that kind of society anymore. The tech was insulted and os refusing to finish the job. There pronibly aren't many installers that will go our to your address and so you are on the "list". At least for a while.

I have found that letting people do the job as they know it is better than making them do it the right way. As long as they are not cheating, being districting, or life threatening.

3. SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg Active Member

Aug 30, 2004
    This is an answer to what question? lol :lol:

4. slt101

slt101 AllStar

Jun 17, 2010
    You can still get just the locals for $9.99 a month. I just downgraded to locals only which include the HD channels too.

5. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    [sarcasm]
    BEST.ADVICE.EVER
    [/sarcasm]

Are you hiring, because I am looking for work and you sound like a boss I would like to have. :)

6. jsk

jsk Icon

Dec 27, 2006
    Fallston, MD
    I heard a while ago that you could order the free pack, which includes a few channels like NASA, CSPAN, some religious channels and a few others. I think you have to specifically ask for it though. Also, there is a welcome pack that you can ask for (not sure if they still offer this either), but it has several more channels for a nominal fee. (you can search this board for "Free Pack" and "Welcome Pack" for more information).

I'm not sure if you can order premiums, VOD, or PPV w/o a AT package. Please let us know if you find out.

7. slt101

slt101 AllStar

Jun 17, 2010
    You can still order the premiums and PPV w/o the AT package. With my locals only I also get free pack channels as well as the couple of free stations that Dish puts up each month.

8. Jhon69

Jhon69 Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2006
    Central San...
    Appreciate all the comments if you have this please keep them coming.Thanks!.:)