Android app can't connect to DVR

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by dbronstein, Jan 13, 2019.

1. dbronstein

dbronstein Hall Of Fame

Oct 21, 2002
    My android app has suddenly started saying "Can't connect to DVR." I'm on my home network. I can see the Genie is on the network from my laptop. It was working fine yesterday as I downloaded some shows. It still correctly shows what I am currently watching. Any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks.

2. dbronstein

dbronstein Hall Of Fame

Oct 21, 2002
    I finally uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and it works now.

3. thebigeazy

thebigeazy Cool Member

May 12, 2006
    South Louisiana
    I am getting the exact same message, but it's more complicated than simply reinstalling the app.
    When I bring up the channel list under "View on Tablet" the list starts on channel 202. It doesn't show the channels from 1 - 200, so my locals and ON DEMAND channels are missing. I installed the latest version of DIRECTV app for Android (7.0) on my ASUS Tablet. When I attempt to "Register" the app, a message appears which says cannot connect with info on how to fix this issue. I have tried every solution, re-set the DVR, re-started the modem, re-installed the DIRECTV app, and went as far as downloaded the app onto another Android tablet, with the same results. However, when I set the app to "View on TV" I can see all of the channels, and I have the ability to change channels, bring up the menu, and control the DVR just as I would using the remote control.
    HELP!

4. thebigeazy

thebigeazy Cool Member

May 12, 2006
    South Louisiana
    After the latest software update (0x1143) it's now working great. I did have to boot and reboot everything several times, but it's working.