Android app update

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by cfclay, Aug 24, 2016.

1. cfclay

cfclay Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Little Rock
    I left my home this morning with about eight hours of programming saved from my GenieGo or whatever you want to call it to my phone. It gave me trouble all day, I could not access it. Now I can't even open DirecTV, it forces me to go to the app store for an update. Does anyone know what this update is for?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    The release notes were very specific, I figured it might be Nougat related, but hard to know when it's just "bug fixes."

3. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    If its the old GG app, you may be able to tap the blue x in the upper right corner and not update. But if its the Directv app, it is flaky.

4. cfclay

cfclay Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Little Rock
    Okay thanks. Last I tried I couldn't even use the Geniego app

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

5. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Before I open my GeneiGo app on any of my devices, I turn off the Wifi (and in the case of my laptop, unplug the ethernet cable if I'm on a network).

The software checks for updates and if one is available, it pretty much stops you from watching until that update is installed. However, if you install the update, you then have to verify your mobile device again ON YOUR HOME NETWORK. This is not a good thing if you're traveling.

So for the past two years (at least), I've turned off my network connectivity before using my GenieGo, and all has been well. Just a suggestion. YMMV.

1 person likes this.
  6. HaterSlayer

HaterSlayer New Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Probably the Mobile DVR rollout

Sent from my LG K7 using Tapatalk