"Angie Tribeca" binge-watchers premier Sunday

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by phrelin, Jan 12, 2016.

1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I always hope to find a comedy that appeals to me - humor is somewhat a personal thing. And so it is with "Angie Tribeca", staring Rashida Jones in the title role of a Los Angeles detective who gets saddled with a new partner named Jay Geils (Hayes MacArthur), as the puns and other kinds of humor I think I might like are promised to rain heavily.

According to one review (I'm showing part of the quote as a spoiler because there are some minor spoilers, if you think things like character names are spoilers):

TBS is airing the show's first 10 episodes as a 25-hour marathon this Sunday. It will then air in its regular timeslot, Mondays at 9 p.m. (ET/PT), beginning Jan. 25.

It gets weirder. TBS has already renewed Angie Tribeca for an 10 additional "seasons" consisting of one episode each, giving viewers a season premiere and season finale in one. The new seasons are to air in late 2016.

2. HDJulie

HDJulie Icon

Aug 10, 2008
    Thanks - looks interesting enough to record.

3. trainman

trainman Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2008
    Sherman...
    That reminds me of this GoComics.com daily feature. I wonder if each one of those episodes will start with a long "recap" and end with a "retrospective."

4. TomCat

TomCat Broadcast Engineer

Aug 31, 2002
    Its pretty funny. Rashida Jones is adorable.

5. Nick

Nick Charter Gold Club Member

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Funny stuff in the vein of "Airplane", but spoiled by the ill-conceived, unfunny "in-studio"
    cast segments (interruptions?). It became completely unwatchable for me. I deleted the
    entire series after 3-4 eps.

Yes, Rashida Jones is delightful. More of her, please.

6. trainman

trainman Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2008
    Sherman...
    Seems like you could have just fast-forwarded or ignored those segments -- as I did while watching the "binge-a-thon," since none of them came during the episodes themselves -- but to each his own.

At any rate, the episodes are going to be re-running on a weekly basis without the studio segments (but with commercials) starting tonight (Monday, January 25), and my DVR has them set to record again because they have different titles (such as "Pilot" instead of "25-Hour Binge-a-Thon: Pilot").

7. TomCat

TomCat Broadcast Engineer

Aug 31, 2002
    Deon Cole interrogating the v-quist dummy was one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time. That was some inspired comedy. They should cut that sequence into a YouTube clip.