Anniversary Gift

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Bofurley, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Bofurley

Bofurley Godfather

Oct 11, 2006
    KS
    What happened to the anniversary gift?
    Have not had one in two years now.

2. Dazed & Confused

Dazed & Confused Godfather

Jun 13, 2007
    They still send them out, but why I'm not sure. My 3 months of the Game Lounge has gone straight into the trash for the last two years. I actually got them to change the Game Lounge to Showtime 3 years ago, but that might as well have gone in the trash as well.

3. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    I've never had one.

4. mcbeevee

mcbeevee 97% Complete

Sep 18, 2006
    I just logged into my account on directv.com. On the Account Overview page, there is a graphic on the left stating that I am getting 3 free months of the Sports Pack. I had no idea I was even getting this! Make sure to check your online account if you did not get flyers/e-mails about the gift (like me).

:rolleyes:

5. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    Reading this thread prompted me to check my account. I discovered a $5 bill credit on my account. :) Not much but I like this much better than Game Lounge!

I'm happy with it.

6. WERA689

WERA689 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2006
    Canton, GA
    I'm in the middle of a 3 month free sports pack, too. I don't know how long I had it before I found out on the web site, though.

7. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    This is what I've never understood. It's supposed to be a marketing thing, hoping you keep the service. But many times, you don't know you're getting it, and so never try it out even if it might be something you would try. Seems like its not working, just on the communication level.

8. Xsabresx

Xsabresx Icon

Oct 8, 2007
    That is kind of how I found out about mine. Sice I dont do PPV or anything, my bill is always exactly the same every month. In July I got the email that my statement was ready and it was $5 cheaper. I logged in and saw I was getting $5 off for 3 months.

9. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    As Xsabresx mentions, for those that don't have this set up, an email reminder helps to alert me when I receive an Anniversary gift. Just go on line into the "My Profile" set up and then check the box to receive a "Loyal Viewer" email (see attachment). Then it sends you an email to let you know when you receive an anniversary gift. I usually receive a card in the mail as well, but that's a week or 2 after the email.

Attached Files:

10. ddrumman2004

ddrumman2004 Legend

Mar 28, 2007
    How true. We just got 3 months of Showtime for being a loyal customer since 04. Last year we go 6 free months of the HBO lineup for a loyalty gift. Oh well, it's free so I can't complain.

11. goober22

goober22 Godfather

Sep 8, 2004
    Sunny...
    I got one after THREE years with D*. Then, it was a free PPV movie. I have platinum pack with all the bells and whistles and have NEVER ordered a PPV movie (always have since I signed up) (As I have Netflix as well).

So for me, it was totally worthless. I would rather have the $4.99 credit on my account then the PPV. I did not use it and it has expired. Thanks D*!

12. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    If you call and grumble (and are eligible) the CSR's will consult a list of things they can offer to keep you from shopping for another provider. It's usually a couple months of Showtime or some other basically worthless offer but it is something.

If you are still under commitment, don't expect much...;)

13. mcbeevee

mcbeevee 97% Complete

Sep 18, 2006
    Well, I got the card from Directv yesterday informing me that I was getting the Sports Pack for my anniversary...better late than never!

:)

14. VARTV

VARTV Godfather

Dec 14, 2006
    Virginia...
    +1

15. Diana C

Diana C Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 30, 2007
    New Jersey
    This month makes 10 years with DirecTV for us, and we got the $5/month for 3 months gift as well. It was first applied to LAST month's bill, but I just got the card on Monday.

16. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    I received the anniversary gift card yesterday, 3 months of free Showtime. Its been six years. Time flies.

17. kocuba

kocuba Icon

Dec 29, 2006
    I don't even have the "Loyal Viewer" Option.

I've been a customer for 12 years and have never received anything. Not like what they give away I really want.

18. nutcase

nutcase New Member

Sep 3, 2011
    All I see for "My Subscriptions" are "Email alerts", "DirecTV newsletter" and "Movie Guide". There's no option there for "loyal viewer". We've been with DirecTV for at least 10 years. Is there a minimum service level needed to be eligible for the "Loyal Viewer" status?

19. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    That's odd, I've only been with them for a little over 3 years now. Maybe you have been with them too long and they don't think they need to entice you to stay? :rolleyes:

Try this [link] and see what it says. You might have to log into your account to get a response.

20. Rtm

Rtm Godfather

Oct 18, 2011
    Showtime 3 months here