Annoying 622 problem

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by 4bama, Oct 12, 2015.

1. 4bama

4bama Godfather

Aug 6, 2006
    I run in single mode so I can watch two channels side-by-side, and I have OTA connected.

Normally there is no problem, but when watching two dish channels and the last OTA channel I used loses signal I get this annoying screen informing me that total signal was lost, even though I'm not watching nor recording the OTA channel that lost signal.

The only way to quickly restore my Dish channels is to press the Guide button and the "lost signal" screen goes away...then press View to get rid of the Guide display.

There is no logical reason for the 622 to notify me of a lost signal on an OTA channel that I'm neither watching nor recording...

I posted this info in hopes that future firmware updates will correct this annoying problem. I don't know if any of you 612, 722 or Hopper users with OTA connected ever see this occur???

2. tigerwillow1

tigerwillow1 Legend

Jan 26, 2009
    I see this all the time with a 722. I'm in a fringe area, and the 722 is horribly buggy when the OTA signal is anything but solid. Besides what you reported, the other problems I see frequently are:

1) When a pixellated signal happens, sound is totally lost. It takes pause+play, or jumping forward or backward to restore it.
    2) When a pixellated signal happens, the 722 reboots.

#2 is obviously the most maddening. Both problems happen with live reception or when playing a recorded program.

3. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    If you had searched for your problem you would have found it has been happening for years.. The best solution is to put your OTA tuner on your strongest channel. Secondly you could remove the OTA channels from memory and just use satellite channels.

4. 4bama

4bama Godfather

Aug 6, 2006
    And thirdly,and most desirable, Dish can fix the problem with a firmware update so receiver ignores any lost signal on any channel that's neither being watched or recorded...and this includes Dish delivered channels losing signal...

5. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    We know this won't happen the problem has even shown up on the Hopper.