Antenna and Receiver Compatibility

Discussion in 'ViP211(411)/211K/222 Support Forum' started by duckhunter, Jul 24, 2014.

1. duckhunter

duckhunter New Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Alabama
    I have a 211k receiver at my home and I'm wanting to use it in my workshop, so I purchased a used 1000.4 eastern arc satellite dish off of ebay. I know that is has 3 coax connections for the 3 satellites, but I am not sure what I need to do get the dish signal to the receiver. I assume I will have 3 coax cables coming from the dish, but the receiver obviously only has 1 coax input. Do I need to hook up to all 3 different satellites on the LNB? Or is there a piece of hardware I need in between the dish and the receiver? Looking for any help. Thanks

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    just use one cable, the LNBF has the switch inside, run Install wizard(or check switch)

3. duckhunter

duckhunter New Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Alabama
    So just use any of the 3 coax attachments on the LNB?

4. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Assuming all the ports work, yes, I don't think it should matter... but I typically would start from one end and work my way to the other as I added receivers.

5. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    I also suggest calling DISH and scheduling for DISH to install your dish 1000.4. Your question suggests you do not have the knowledge to accomplish this.

1 person likes this.
  6. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    assuming the dish installed/aimed properly by you (read posts here for DIY - plenty of info), connect one cable, run tests and come back here