1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any advice/warnings on adding AT&T fiber to DirecTV?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by SVTarHeel, Sep 26, 2018.

1. SVTarHeel

SVTarHeel Mentor

Oct 20, 2010
    Winston-Sale...
    AT&T fiber is a better deal than what we currently have and I wondered if there were any specific things to do - or to avoid doing - in adding that service. DirecTV is our only current AT&T product and we're not interested in VoIP or wireless phone service. I'm specifically thinking about things like discounts for bundling, who to call first, etc.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts...

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    you will get better service to me the thread in more appropriate forum

3. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Hey, a coincidence ...

As we're ("very" long time DIRECTV subs. since '95) waiting to do the same here ...

AT&T contractors have been crawling all over the neighborhood running AT&T Fiber for much this past month now.

Can't wait to ditch our current Spectrum 3.0 standard 100/10 cable internet service for gigabit fiber.

Shouldn't cause any issues at all with DIRECTV if not actually improve its VOD d/l speed, especially for 4K PPVs. As the point of contact with the fiber network is ultimately the gateway that the home network connects to by ethernet. Which in turns connects to an ONT that handles the conversion to and fro, between optical and electrical cable.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

4. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    I have AT&T gigabit service and DIRECTV. No problems. I got the GB service not so much for the speed (we were at 75MBPS and had no issues), but our GB service has unlimited data. Comcast had a 1TB per month limit. We now routinely go over the old 1TB per month.

I have not combined the two accounts for billing. I use two different email addresses to keep them separate. I believe I could save $15 per month by combining, but I've read lots of horror stories about problems if they are combined. Maybe something I'll re-look at once my DIRECTV account is converted to an AT&T account?

Rich likes this.
  5. LarryW

LarryW Mentor

May 29, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I have Had DirectTv since Sep 1996 and AT&T fiber for close to a year. When I get the fiber, I combined my billing and have had no problems. With the combined billing there is no download limit and I have a discount for the fiber. The fiber has been absolutely problem free. My service is at 50MBPS but I am consistanly getting 60 plus.

6. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Thanks ....

Though I am really hoping for somewhere in the mid 900s mbps (or 112+ MB/s) up and down, when AT&T Fiber is activated here. Like I see many on YT displaying for their AT&T Fiber speeds ...

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

7. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Something like this?

Capture.PNG