1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any CONUS channels only available on 61.5?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by FTA Michael, Jul 31, 2011.

1. FTA Michael

FTA Michael Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2002
    This used to be a question easily answered with the unofficial Dish channel chart, but I guess that's not current these days.

To elaborate, are there any CONUS channels that are available on 61.5 and nowhere else? That used to be true of Classic Arts Showcase, but now my receiver's telling me it's getting it from 129.

Again, locals don't count, because I can't get any of them from Denver. :)

Just wondering as I glance at my rooftop 61.5 dish and wonder what I should do with it.

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
  3. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    If you are including 118, then there may be only one or two free public channels only on 61.5, there always seems to be. If you are not including 118, then EuroNews KBS and TvJapan (The free one) are all conus, none of which are on the WA.

(TvJapan on 640 EA has free programming on and off throughout the day even though it is in red when the program is not free.) TvJapan on 641 on the WA does not have the free programming. KBS is always free, EuroNews is A La Carte.

4. FTA Michael

FTA Michael Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2002
    Thanks, James. Sorry I didn't think of you and your site before I asked.

Aha! Health and Human Services is 61.5-only.

5. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    TV Japan is only on 61.5 for CONUS. ch 641, while on a CONUS bird is actually on a Hawaiian spot beam. Somebody screwed up and 641 shows up in every WA EPG, but only the 50th state gets to see the channel.