Any news?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - SWMLine Discussion (private)' started by houskamp, Apr 29, 2008.

1. houskamp

houskamp Active Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Any word on when the SWMLine will go public yet? Or is there more tests to come?
    Just seeing when I need to get to work on my new setup pic :grin:

2. RobertE

RobertE Active Member

Jun 9, 2006
    The training doc/videos have trickled down the HSP local level. So we should be getting close. I'm going to pester the hell out of our warehouse training guy tomorrow to pry the information out of him. !Devil_lol

3. houskamp

houskamp Active Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Tie him up and beat it out of him :hurah: :lol:

4. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    I think based on this field trial it should be close unless there are lingering issues that are being worked behind the scenes which is possible. I hope it is soon however...

5. RobertE

RobertE Active Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Other than the training (lack of) issues, the other things that still have us in a hold status.

The H20s quirks with the SWM. Might just be better off to say its not compatable and move on.

Splitter issues. What does and doesn't work

Getting the last of the non-SWM hardware out of the pipeline. D10, D11, & R15s.

Supply of SWMs, SWM LNBs & Splitters.

6. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    I wish I understood the problems surrounding the H20-600. Unfortunately I never experienced them so I don't know. I had requested more information from Earl but he never replied to the thread on that request...based on what people have reported recently here (I wasn't privy to the earlier trials with SWM) I wonder what and when each may have been manufactured like what is being attempted in the CE forum already with other issues. Perhaps it is better off tossing it over the fence as not compatible.

I think training should be fairly easy to implement to installers but alas I don't know what the requirements are to be an installer.

As for splitters, there are so many permutations on setups versus what can/should be used in my opinion. If this is pointed at installers, I think they can narrow their part numbers down to the ones identified here and order enough for installs plu sany lead times associated with that.

Getting the last of the equipment out of the pipeline is going to be difficult, but it is ongoing now as I see it. You will have lingerers who will hold on, but changing packages to ones that are condusive to compatible equipment will go towards this, if this is to be used on systems where there is already installed systems. I suspect this will be used mainly in new installed.

Supply is a great one, hence my lead time statement. As a user I have no insight into those items...

7. Hansen

Hansen Hall Of Fame

Jan 1, 2006
    You could always force it out of him by making him watch Dish or Comcast. :lol:

8. RobertE

RobertE Active Member

Jun 9, 2006
  9. MIAMI1683

MIAMI1683 New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Thre should be one done. We should specify in that look about the the splitters. If a first look is to be written, I have good pics of the SWMLine upon arrival here.

10. RobertE

RobertE Active Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Just got my hands on the training document.

A few interesting tidbits.

And the biggie (I know some will debate this, but it's what they wrote and will be installer policy)

11. houskamp

houskamp Active Member

Sep 14, 2006
    that lastline has to be a typo.. don't think any OTA comes out legacy ports..