any one know where to watch the FA cup finals on Directv?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by bjlc, Jul 31, 2020.

1. bjlc

bjlc Icon

Aug 20, 2004
    arsenal is playing in the FA cup finals tomorrow morning . but I can't find it on Directv.. does any one know where to watch it.. heck I will take an alternative channel just to see the game.. thanks ..and thanks for all your previous advice on my other thread.. 'preciate this site ..

2. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    Doing a Google search looks like Disney has the rights to FA cup final in USA

I wonder if they will put it on ESPN + ??

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

3. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
  4. daniloni

daniloni Active Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    It's on ESPN+ just as the entire tournament has been all season and all of last season.

5. AngryManMLS

AngryManMLS Active Member

Jan 30, 2014
    MN
    You would think given how starved ESPN is for live sports that the FA Cup Final would be an no brainer to throw on ESPN. So it makes no sense to me to relegate this to ESPN+ but.... what do I know, right?

Kind of like CBSViacom buying up UEFA Champions League only to shove that behind the paywall known as CBS All Access and only so far putting ONE lone game on CBS Sports Net (Man City vs Real Madrid). So it looks like I'm stuck with watching on CBSAA for the forthcoming Chelsea vs Bayern Munich game... you know it's only two of the top teams in the world so relegate that to CBSAA, right?

6. daniloni

daniloni Active Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    I don’t know why you consider ESPN+ relegation. Even the lone Serie A game that they put on ESPN TV rather than plus is rarely an important game. Certainly anyone the least bit interested in football has ESPN+. I have both, but I’d be disappointed as a football fan to have to subscribe to cable/satellite/OTT for ESPN when the entire tournament for 2 years has been on ESPN+. I mean I used to pay far more than $5 for one game. For Serie A, Bundesliga, EFL, out of market MLS, Copa Del Rey, eredivisie, danish league, Swedish league, League Cup and FA Cup it’s a steal. And that’s just the football. They also added the Portuguese Cup final tomorrow.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  7. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    *soccer.

They better not hide NFL on ESPN+. Enough college is already hidden there. Too much is hidden there. I pay for ESPN on Directv. I shouldn't have to pay more for ESPN+.

8. Aug 1, 2020 #8 of 15
    cmasia

cmasia Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Angry: People pay for ESPN+ for the things they can't get on ESPN.
    They might get a few more more eyeballs for the Cup Final on ESPN, but ESPN is on the basic level of cable, so no one will ditch them for not showing it.

ejbvt: Not sure where you're coming from here. Tell us what has moved from ESPN to ESPN+.
    The college games are not "hidden" They are games that were never on ESPN.
    And the NFL would never allow games, outside of Sunday Ticket, to be shown on another "paywall".
    Your angst is misplaced here.

9. Aug 1, 2020 #9 of 15
    James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The only football we will be seeing on TV for a while (except reruns).

All of the sports channels need content. ABC|DISNEY|ESPN doesn't want to sacrifice ESPN+. They need some content there that will keep people subscribing.

10. daniloni

daniloni Active Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Ummm, ESPN has only one NFL game per week. And of course there’s no chance that it will be on ESPN+.

longhorn23 likes this.
  11. AngryManMLS

Jan 30, 2014
    MN
    I just find it silly that the FA Cup Final is relegated to ESPN+ all the while ESPN 2 at the same time is airing some random fishing programming.

12. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset DBSTalk Club

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Or a cornhole competition. For my money, even cornhole beats out a poker tournament.

AngryManMLS likes this.
  13. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    ESPN+ is a money grab. So is Disney+, HBOMAX, and all of these other streaming services that are attached to a cable channel. It seems to me that you have to have cable AND the streaming service to get all the content, so you're paying double. Where is the streaming service savings everyone talks about?

And I was more toying with the person who called soccer "football." This is the USA - it's soccer. Rebecca Lowe is the only one who can call it football. To be honest, I don't even know what the FA Cup is. Are all these events like the FA Cup and UEFA Champions (I think I have figured out what that is - the top teams in the "power 5" of Euro soccer in a tournament) on Univision networks, too, so they will still be on Directv but in Spanish?

The main soccer I care about is a little Premier League and a little La Liga but Directv killed the latter. I assume we are never getting the beIN networks back. My Samsung TV Plus has beIN Exta but that doesn't have games.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  14. AngryManMLS

Jan 30, 2014
    MN
    FA Cup is an tournament to determine the best team in England so teams in the lower divisions also compete in it. American has an similar tournament called the US Open Cup.

I actually like ESPN+ most of the time especially as I use it during MLS game day as an second screen of sorts on my Fire 10 inch tablet when there's multiple games going on at the same time I want to watch. I just found it funny that ESPN decided to relegate the FA Cup Final to it while ESPN2 had random fishing on.

15. TJNash

TJNash AllStar

Jun 5, 2012
    San Diego
    It's a business strategy to drive viewers to ESPN+. Nothing funny about it.