1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any way to record a baseball game on a RSN?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by rking5150, Apr 14, 2009.

1. rking5150

rking5150 AllStar

Jul 31, 2008
    I subscribe to MLB EI, and I am a Red Sox fan (tough start to the season). Anyway, I want to set up my HR21 to always record the Red Sox feed from NESN, but, because I don't subscribe to the sports pack, it won't let me record NESN. And the program guide doesn't tell you which of the two channels is the NESN feed.

So, I end up recording both feeds and watching the NESN one. This works, but ties up both receivers.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

2. trainman

trainman Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2008
    Sherman...
    Hmm...it should let you record NESN anyway, after giving you a warning along the lines of "this program may not record because this receiver is not currently authorized to receive this channel." At least, that's the way it works when I'm setting my HR21 up to record movies in advance of a premium channel "free preview" weekend.

3. lowmazda

lowmazda Legend

Jul 11, 2007
    Have you tried to schedule an autorecord of NESN w/ the correct keywords pointing to the channel?

AALL sox CCHAN 628

Might have to tweak it. Just a thought, probably has been done before and failed, I'm too lazy to confirm that for you. Look around.

4. Curtis0620

Curtis0620 Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    In MLBEI, the first feed is always the road team feed and the second will be the home team feed.

5. rking5150

rking5150 AllStar

Jul 31, 2008
    I thought that after I received that warning the device wouldn't let me record. I'll try that again today.

Thanks!