Anybody else getting paper bills late lately?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by SledgeHammer, Sep 14, 2020.

1. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    Anybody else getting paper bills delivered late the last couple of months? My bank takes like 5 days to deliver and DirecTV takes a long time to process them too. This months bill is due tomorrow and my bank says they delivered it on the 10th and it still hasn't posted. This month I sent it out the day I got the bill. When I called DirecTV to complain about the late bills, they claimed they were updating the system the last few months and would remove the late fee... the guy I talked to claimed they deliver it 2 weeks before the due date. Lol... they must really want to collect late fees with a 2 week window.

2. wxman

wxman New Member

Jun 7, 2010
    I have combined billing & AT&T has been sending bills within that 2 week window for a few years now. I had to switch to electronic payments because they would ding me with a late fee otherwise.

3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Have you tried setting your account for it to send email notices when your bill is due ? That would eliminate some of the days. Of course that might knock out getting paper bills.
    I have had mine on Auto Pay ever since it was available. They send me an email about 4 days before they charge my card. I get 2% back on my card purchases.

Teetertotter likes this.
  4. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    Hmm... weird. I've been on paper bills forever since why would I do anything to save AT&T money if theres nothing in it for me? I've only done autopay when they give me a discount lol. Only been having late problems the last 2 months. Before that, I could leave a DirecTV bill a week or two in my todo box and it would still be on time.

HGuardian likes this.
  5. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    Yeah, I've done autopay when I can get a discount on it. I'm not a big fan of doing it with AT&T because the bills are always all over the place (which is weird since my service is constant) and if your promo falls off and you already paid the higher rate, its pretty impossible to get the money back. I'll see how the next month plays out, if I have the same issue, I might switch to email notifications just to get rid of the hassle.

jimmie57 likes this.
  6. wxman

wxman New Member

Jun 7, 2010
    I don't use autopay. I just pay electronically close to the due date. I just received my paper bill. It's due in 9 days.

Teetertotter likes this.
  7. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    Lol. So much for their 2 week claim. It's weird, I don't think BoA has electronic with DirecTV. I think its mailed. I just checked... if I pay a Cox bill, it says the delivery date is tomorrow 9/15. If I pay one for DirecTV, it says 9/21.

8. Delroy E Walleye

Delroy E Walleye AllStar

Jun 9, 2012
    Sometimes don't get the paper bill until almost two weeks after thier "posting" date.

I think the narrowest pay window was around four days. The latest one at least they moved the due date back a couple days, which seems to change by a day or two every once in a while.

Usually have to turn that thing around the same day it's received.

No late fees, yet. But do get the occasional email "haven't received your payment 'warning.'"

This has been going on for probably several years, now (not just the last couple months).

9. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    i get a paper bill i also have e-mail alerts set up when my bill is due. i would never use auto pay with ATT

Teetertotter likes this.
  10. bnwrx

bnwrx Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    colorado,...
    My email just came in...billing date of Aug 9...6 days to get an email..!!??
    speedy service for sure...

11. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    My bank says the check was delivered on the 10th. AT&T still showing as unpaid and the bill was due today the 15th. Guess I'll wake up to another late fee lol.

12. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    My payment FINALLY posted and I managed to get $8.50CR for my hassle. Of course since the bill was posted late, I'll probably have to call back to get that late fee removed next month lol.

13. 242424

242424 AllStar

Mar 22, 2012
    I pay mine online now after going through the USPS not getting it there for a month.

14. TV_Guy

TV_Guy New Member

Nov 16, 2007
    The other advantage of paying online is credit card cashback. Occasionally Amex, Discover and Chase offer additional cashback for paying cable and satellite bills with their credit cards.

codespy and 242424 like this.
  15. Teetertotter

Teetertotter Member

Jul 23, 2020
    Janesville, WI
    We have it set-up to get e-mail bill notification and also receive US mail. No big deal. Wife pays via bank checking account transfer on line, waaaay before due date. NO CREDIT/DEBIT cards and NO auto pay for AT&T........ Better to be safe than sorry. lol

16. TV_Guy

TV_Guy New Member

Nov 16, 2007
    If you don't completely trust a merchant you can still use a credit card. The protection involves generating a virtual credit card number. I believe Citibank, Bank of America and Capital One offer the service. It automatically is restricted to a single merchant and can be further restricted by setting a maximum amount and expiration date.

17. Rob37

Rob37 Active Member

Jul 10, 2013
    I don't receive a DIRECTV Paper Bill anymore. Haven't since 2016 because I went paperless and I pay my bill now at my local AT&T Store at their payment kiosk. But as far as other bills. I have absolutely been receiving other bills (credit card) bills late. I am supposed to receive one of my credit card bills on or right around the 10th of every month. Last Month I didn't receive it until the end of the month. This month I should have already received it and yet again it’s already 1 week late. Last month I called them to report this and they made a note on my account so I would not be penalized for late payment. This month it looks like I am going to have to do it all again. I am thinking the postal service is being slow on delivering. They are in Financial Trouble but they announced they were not going to slow the mail down that it was going to go through as usual until after the election. Politics is involved no doubt about it.

18. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    I don't think its the USPS. I think its the companies. They want to get people off paper bills, so they make them a hassle.

19. Rob37

Rob37 Active Member

Jul 10, 2013
    I think you may be wrong about that. Mail has definitely been slowed down by the U.S. Postal Service and just today a Federal Judge just blocked changes that have slowed down U.S. Mail. Here is the link to this. US judge blocks Postal Service changes that slowed mail

20. ericknolls

ericknolls Active Member

Aug 18, 2013
    New York,...
    You "don't" really believe what you wrote here SledgeHammer? I mean any one can make any comment they want in these forums. So I'll say this ----> I highly doubt what you posted is the reason his bills are arriving slow or late. (Respectfully)...

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk