1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody know what's happening in the Phillies-Dodgers game?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Eksynyt, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Jun 6, 2009 #1 of 10
    Eksynyt

Eksynyt Icon

Feb 8, 2008
    I was unfortunate to get the Seattle Mariners yawner this afternoon, then I come to find out a great game between two contenders is in the 12th inning but I am unable to see it thanks to Fox and the MLB. Anybody know what's happening in this game?

2. Jun 6, 2009 #2 of 10
    DodgerKing

DodgerKing Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2008
  3. Jun 6, 2009 #3 of 10
    DodgerKing

DodgerKing Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2008
    Ethier just hit a walk off HR, but the sound dropped off so I could not hear the call. Friggen Fox.

Ethier's second walk off in as many days and his 2nd HR of the day.

4. Jun 6, 2009 #4 of 10
    juniormaj

juniormaj Legend

Feb 9, 2009
    Newbury...
    Fox 11 HD in LA was a very frustrating place to watch the game today. Besides the picture being a bit fuzzier than what I'm used to from Prime Ticket or KCAL, the dropouts today were more than I could keep count of. I was half expecting the game to end during one.

On a happy note, Ethier has been stepping up lately, and the Dodgers have had a few exciting finishes this week.:hurah:

5. Jun 7, 2009 #5 of 10
    nybill38

nybill38 AllStar

Jan 25, 2009
    the game wasn't even shown in HD here in Arizona, you would think that in this day and age EVERYTHING should be in HD

6. Jun 7, 2009 #6 of 10
    TonySCV

TonySCV Legend

Oct 10, 2006
    Some day, hopefully in my lifetime, separate national TV sports broadcast teams will go the way of the Dodo bird. The team's broadcasters know more about the teams they cover than anyone. I don't want to hear Buck and McCarver calling Dodger playoff games on TV - I want to hear Vin Scully.

At least with ESPN tonight it truly is a national game and anyone can watch it that wants to. That said, John Miller and Joe Morgan calling a Dodger game at Dodger stadium while Scully sits idle is criminal. Scully is celebrating his 59th year calling Dodger games, most of that time working solo. He's 82! He won't be doing it for much longer - we should be able to enjoy it while we can.

- T

7. Jun 7, 2009 #7 of 10
    cmasia

cmasia Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Here's what they should do on national telecasts, using ESPN as an example.

Jon Miller is the lead guy, along with a play by play guy from the home team. Miller does innings 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9, and the local guy the middle innings.
    The local knows more about the home team than anyone.
    If you must have 3 in the booth, get a guy from the visiting team as well.

What follows will sound like a sacrilege:
    I'm 54 and have been listening to - and loving - Vin Scully for years.
    But...
    He should not be working alone anymore. He just can't carry the telecast like he used to.
    And the first 3 innings, when he is doing radio as well, are almost impossible to take.

8. Jun 8, 2009 #8 of 10
    n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    Just go to espn.com and look at the Gametime interactive thing.. you can see pitch by pitch what is going on in the game, who's at the plate, the count, etc. Other sites offer similar things.. like mlb.com.

9. Jun 8, 2009 #9 of 10
    n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    Just go to espn.com and look at the Gametime interactive thing.. you can see pitch by pitch what is going on in the game, who's at the plate, the count, etc. Other sites offer similar things.. like mlb.com.

10. trainman

trainman Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2008
    Sherman...
    Decades ago, for the national radio broadcasts of the World Series, they'd have the visiting team's announcer call the top half of each inning, and the home team's announcer call the bottom. (That was in the days before color commentators.)