1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Cancelled Their Subs or Thinking About it?

Discussion in 'Sirius XM General Discussion' started by fielding, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Nov 14, 2008 #1 of 103
    fielding

fielding New Member

Nov 14, 2008
    Anyone cancelled their subs or thinking about it? I'd love to know how people are responding to this new line-up espec with the state of the economy...

2. Nov 14, 2008 #2 of 103
    thestaton

thestaton Legend

Aug 14, 2008
    I can't :( Life Time Sub... I just called and asked if I sold it on eBay if they would transfer the account and they said no it had to be to a family member.

3. Nov 14, 2008 #3 of 103
    krock918316

krock918316 Hall Of Fame

Mar 5, 2007
    Nope. Although they have destroyed Lithium. 90's grunge station playing Divinlys :confused:

4. Nov 14, 2008 #4 of 103
    VaJim

VaJim Godfather

Jul 26, 2006
    Virginia...
    Seriously thinking of canceling my 4 radios. I hate what they did to the NBA. I'm going to give them a few more weeks to get their head out of their rear end and realize they can't screw people. A simple grand-father cause would have solved everything. I don't want to hear about certain channels on certain radios. Most of the complaints have been shifting the format. Besides it's all ONE company. So put it back where it was (for those who are grand-fathered). I can tell you if they jerk with the Elvis channel on Sirius 13 and make it so I can't receive it, color me gone.:nono:

5. Nov 14, 2008 #5 of 103
    reddice

reddice Godfather

Feb 18, 2003
    I am keeping my subscription because what is my other alternative FM radio. I don't think so. I am liking some of the channels like 1st Wave and Radio Margaritaville I am glad they kept the XM versions of the decades channels. However I am not pleased with them getting rid of Chrome and The System, kept the Sirius version of Chill but Area does have better radio shows than they use to have and I am glad they kept BPM.

6. Nov 14, 2008 #6 of 103
    Mavrick

Mavrick Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    I can't for I have Lifetime on all 3 of my radios they have all since paid for their subscription costs anyway so the service I am getting now is basicly free anyway.

So I am not going to complain for it still beat FM radio.

7. Nov 14, 2008 #7 of 103
    BoB3K

BoB3K Cool Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Yeah, definitely considering it. And if I do, I'm going to ask for my money back--we pay the yearly rate and just re-upped like last month. And I'm going to bitch and bitch if they say no. There is a clear difference between "programming may change," and "we cancelled all your channels but replaced some of them with kind of similar things."

8. Nov 14, 2008 #8 of 103
    rudeney

rudeney Hall Of Fame

May 28, 2007
    Heck no! I'm a Sirius subscriber with one lifetime plus 3 stacked. I don't care about the sports or talk programming - I just enjoy the commercial free music choices. Some of the changes have no been so great, but mostly, I'm still happy with the programming.

9. Nov 14, 2008 #9 of 103
    Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    I had three XM subscriptions, 2 Sirius subscriptions and Sirius Premium Internet Radio totaling $49.86 a month. In the past few weeks I dropped 2 XM subs, 1 Sirius sub and Sirius Premium Internet Radio. I want to cancel it all so bad, I HATE HATE HATE the outcome of this mess, I HATE the fact Melvin is the dictator of SDARS and I HATE that my listening choices have been essentially cut in half. But even an F'ed up satellite radio head up by Melvin is better than the terrestrial crap, and yeah my iPod is great, but it's not like I can discovery anything new on my iPod.

Last night I added the scam otherwise known as Best of Sirius to by one remaining XM subscription. If I don't end up canceling, what I might do is have my XM receiver with Best Of Sirius at home and have a Sirius receiver with best Of XM in my car. With as much as the channel line ups now overlap, I see no sense of having both XM and Sirius in both my car and at home like I've had for the past 5 years now. I'm just not sure if for Sirius, if I want to use my existing receiver, or wait for the new dual service radios to come out, but with as much redundancy as there is, what's the point of dual service radios. I'd lose the French stuff, the Clear Channel Crap, 20 on 20, The Groove and The Village, big deal.

10. Nov 14, 2008 #10 of 103
    Ken S

Ken S RIP

Feb 12, 2007
    Howard Stern is still on 100 and 101, They now have Maddog on 123 and Disney and Kids are still on the air...I'm as happy with Sirius today as I was when I subscribed.

11. Nov 14, 2008 #11 of 103
    Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Whetever floats your boat, but there are a lot more channels out there then just those 5.

12. Nov 14, 2008 #12 of 103
    Dolly

Dolly Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    I cancelled, but came back :blush: The Pulse formerly Flight 26 is holding up real well right now. I just hope it last :rolleyes:

13. Nov 14, 2008 #13 of 103
    placeman

placeman Cool Member

Jun 7, 2004
    As a former Sirius sub who switched to XM when my vehicle came with it, I welcome the change. I much preferred the Sirius programming over XM's.

14. Nov 14, 2008 #14 of 103
    ajc68

ajc68 Icon

Jan 23, 2008
    I guess I'm one of the few people that's actually happy about the merge. Now I can get all my sports on one service! I'm sure things will get sorted out over time with the merge and all of the changes. Each service still has contracts it has to honor, so it will be a while before we see a true universal service. But any way you slice it, it beats the hell out of FM, and where else can you get all the sports, entertainment, talk and news radio...

15. Nov 15, 2008 #15 of 103
    Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Anyway you slice it, I had a hell of a lot more listening options 72 hours ago then I do now. X Country will never be back, Beyond Jazz will never be back, Fine Tuning will never be back, The System will never be back. I could careless if everythings on one service. I'd rather have two services with 300 listening options then one service with 150.

16. Nov 15, 2008 #16 of 103
    Ken S

Ken S RIP

Feb 12, 2007
    Steve,

Very true. There are alot of stations on AM & FM too. I don't have much interest in listening to them. I'm not saying they shouldn't be there...or that there shouldn't be other stations on SiriusXM. The question in the thread was about canceling and to me the service is better today than it was six months ago.

Come next spring if MLB can be added to the Sirius package without having to pay an additional $12.95/month it will be even better. Strangely, it may make sense for people like me to switch from Sirius to XM and get the best of package for Stern.

I understand there are people that lost channels they liked. I feel bad for them and I believe they should be able to cancel without penalty because of the change.

17. Nov 15, 2008 #17 of 103
    usmcbob55

usmcbob55 AllStar

Oct 6, 2007
    When? I listened to it on my way to work tonight.

18. Nov 15, 2008 #18 of 103
    Hoxxx

Hoxxx Cool Member/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 19, 2004
    no effect on me. I will not listen to OTA FM. I am so sick and tired of commercials. On radio and TV. I love Sat radio. when I travel around Arizona there are so many desolate areas I would be lost without it.

19. Nov 15, 2008 #19 of 103
    Lowry666

Lowry666 AllStar

Sep 24, 2006
    Hello,
    I was a subscriber to both Sirius and XM, until the big change on Thursday. I had 2 XM receivers, one attached to my Yamaha 3800 receiver and a portable. I kept XM JUST for channel 42 Liquid Metal. Every weeknight at 6 Katie did the Mercury show, very heavy brutal death metal. Well, they canned all the DJs from XM and brought a couple over from Sirius and now they play the same crappy stuff that Sirius 27 runs. So, I dumped them.
    I checked the new lineup for Sirius and it just wasn't worth the extra dough anymore, I had been a subscriber for 5 years and I am just not happy with the changes.
    As a side note, the lady at XMs customer service line said they are trying to appeal to a broader market. I told her that all they are doing is ticking off their longtime customers.
    Sorry for the rant and the long reply.

Lowry

20. Nov 15, 2008 #20 of 103
    feets

feets AllStar

Jan 27, 2007
    middle of a...
    I agree with Steve .....;) to me the new sirius xm is more like fm radio all talk and no brains ..........:mad: and i can get that for free.....:nono2: getting closer to pulling the plug............:rolleyes: