Anyone combine AT&T Wireless with DirecTV for the $10/month discount yet?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by cypherx, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Sep 4, 2015 #1 of 63
    cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    Curious if anyone with AT&T wireless logged into their AT&T online account and went through the wizard to link the DirecTV accounts. It says you can get $10 a month off. But do you know if theres any stipulations, contract resets (on either side), etc?

Also I went through the wizard but backed out of it because AT&T wireless is in my wifes name, but DirecTV is in my name. It looked like it was going to merge DirecTV into my wifes name and possibly, maybe eliminate my DirecTV.com username and password and replace it with my wifes AT&T.com username and password. Also it looked like it was going to possibly do a credit check on her. I have excellent credit, she does not.

So maybe is there a way to merge them but keep both separate names and usernames/passwords on them, or is that not possible? It didn't look like I could do it the other way around and log into my directv.com account and "pull" her wireless account into my DirecTV.com account.

2. Sep 4, 2015 #2 of 63
    sbl

sbl Icon DBSTalk Club

Jul 21, 2007
    Yes, I did this, but they made me call. The first few times I tried I was on hold for 30 minutes or more before I gave up. Most recently I called AT&T rather than DirecTV. After a bit of confusion (the agent was asking me for my U-Verse login, which I didn't have), she connected me with another agent who knew exactly what to do. She even analyzed my data plan usage and suggested I'd save another $10 by dropping down a tier (now that AT&T has rollover data).

I was not told of any stipulations, but accounts do merge and everything gets paid from the AT&T side.

3. Sep 4, 2015 #3 of 63
    jceman

jceman Legend

Aug 20, 2007
    North of...
    According to the info on my AT&T account, the $10 discount for combined billing expires in Dec 2098. :rotfl:

4. Sep 4, 2015 #4 of 63
    mrro82

mrro82 Legend

Sep 11, 2012
    Cordova, TN
    I saw that date too lol. I combined using chrome on my phone. Got about a dozen emails from then afterwards which was annoying.

5. Sep 5, 2015 #5 of 63
    Aridon

Aridon Mentor

Mar 12, 2007
    I did it online. One thing I noticed is that the previous billing cycle got a little screwy. The Directv site would refer me to the AT&T site and the AT&T site showed no balance due for directv. The cycle showed it had just reset so x days left.

Anyway, my old auto pay from just directv didn't go off so I called and ended up that my bill was actually 3 days past due. I paid in via the telephone but there was no indication of any balance due on the web. I almost didn't catch it but I was curious if one of my credits fell off and I did a search on BOA and saw it didn't clear my account for the month. Otherwise I might not of noticed as generally I don't watch those things very closely.

If you did the combined billing mid cycle make sure your old cycle gets paid. I was on auto pay and signing up for combined billing apparently screws that up.

6. Sep 5, 2015 #6 of 63
    Volunteer

Volunteer Cool Member

Oct 14, 2006
    I haven't executed on this for fear of unintended side effects, is this a combination of billing ONLY?

Do you still have access to your old DIRECTV account via the DIRECTV website and login such that you can make individual changes to your DIRECTV services?

Or does all your DIRECTV services show up under your AT&T account via the AT&T login?

And who do you call for customer service? I was just told by both DIRECTV and AT&T customer service reps that they cannot "see" the other side and won't be able to for some while.

7. Sep 5, 2015 #7 of 63
    raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    I'm holding off for now. Our AT&T account is in my wife's name and the Directv account is in my name. Like others, I'm concerned about the side effects, especially if the Directv account is put in her name.

8. Sep 5, 2015 #8 of 63
    cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    Yeah I'm in the same situation. Not sure it's worth only $10 a month for the risks. I like directv in my name with my password to access TV everywhere, the website, etc.

9. Sep 5, 2015 #9 of 63
    sbl

sbl Icon DBSTalk Club

Jul 21, 2007
    So far, I can still sign into my separate accounts. directv.com does accept my AT&T login, but then tells me I need to sign in with my DirecTV info to manage that account. I do have autopay for both services, so I will watch them to make sure it happens. I was told it might take 2-3 billing cycles to combine.

10. tonyc

tonyc Legend

Jun 12, 2006
    Anaheim,CA
    I called to get the wireless bundle the CS bundle uverse internet instead for only five dollar which i was already getting i told her that was not what i asked for and to unbundle , well now i can no longer login to Directv.com after several weeks i call they reset password the next time i login same problem two months behind could not pay bill showe d up just this week on uverse side but no metion it is directv anyways they messed up my accounts big time i have talked to both sides with all kinds of empty promises it will be fixed , i think im going to have to cancel internet with ATT for now , i was going to cancel Dtv also but i have two years into my contract because of equipment upgrade i want to cancel everything and wait a year or so to see how this plays out. man Att has messed everything up all of the CSR say something different is is crazy

11. CraigerM

CraigerM Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    St. Louis
    I wonder when DTV, UVerse Internet and Phone plans can be combined and get maybe get a $10 discount?

12. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    This is what I was afraid of from the beginning. Anytime in the past when I called ATT to make a change in the phone service it was automatically screwed up and took me about 3 months to get it back like it was supposed to be.

Hope you get this cleared up.

13. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Should be an interesting first bill. I first chatted with a rep and they said I could keep my FAN discount and the current DIRECTV discounts. So went to the web site and said to combine, got e-mail back saying request submitted and it could take up to two months.

Yesterday I used the IOS app to see what my bill would be, $1,212, s/b around $300. The web site doesn't show an amount and that they're still processing the bill. Can't wait to see what the actual bill will be showing where they messed up.

14. alnielsen

alnielsen Godfather

Dec 31, 2006
    ...- .....
    I went to an ATT store to get these bundled. They couldn't do it. I get a work discount on my wireless bill and I guess that creates a problem with my D* billing.

15. sbl

sbl Icon DBSTalk Club

Jul 21, 2007
    I have the FAN discount and the AT&T rep I spoke with said no problem. Don't go to a store - call, or see if it will let you do it online (probably not if you get the FAN discount.)

16. Aridon

Aridon Mentor

Mar 12, 2007
    My FAN discount transferred without any issue. 25%. Did it online.

17. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    Whats a FAN discount?

18. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Don't know what the acronym means but it's a number associated with a corporate account that gives their employees a discount off the base package charge. If you have a corporate e-mail address you can go to //www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/premier/index.jsp plug it in and get a response back if you qualify. There is also a similar page on the Verizon web site.

19. coolman302003

coolman302003 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Jun 2, 2008
    Southeast
    FAN = Foundation Account Number

"A foundation account number is a unique number that identifies your account throughout all AT&T markets. Its main function is to define billing, reporting, and program benefits within AT&T's billing systems. ...You need to know this information to get discounts, if any, associated with your company's program."

https://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/enterprise-reference-guide/introduction.jsp

Also,
    Usually even if you don't have a work email address you can still check discounts by going to att.com/wireless/[Fill in company name here] and it will have a box showing (if any) the amount of service discount your eligible for per month on the page.

20. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    Oh ok I went through the AT&T site and via my work email it said we were eligable. I didn't go through with it though because the phone is in my wifes name, not mine. She does not work, I do. I don't have a phone because work provides one when you work IT or a management role. In IT we have the phones for after hours rotation company email, calendar, txt, and various iphone apps that monitor different related things within the infrastructure.

Being that I do not need to pay for a phone at all, my wife always had her own plan. So the conundrum is AT&T Wireless is her account, she just has the password shared with me. DirecTV is in my name so it has its own unique username and password and email for all DirecTV communications. I want it to stay that way, so I do not see us combining the bill for a mere $10 a month. If it were more substantial like $30 a month discount, then yes I could sacrifice the wonderful DirecTV website access and go through the ugly orange AT&T site, and try to get all new passwords for TV Everywhere logins, but we would have to change or add (if possible) my email address to the AT&T side so I also got company and account related notices.

The other thing is DirecTV is autopay because its practically the same amount every month. I never trust autopay with the telco's because you never know what kind of billing mistakes they would do, or you hear horror stories about thousands of dollars in overages. Those are things I would want to see first (and dispute if need be) before having it blindly taken from my account. AT&T already changed the billing due date without notice, and like clockwork I went in on the 8th of the month to pay it and it was past due (they changed the due date from the 9th to the 5th). A phone call in allowed me to dispute that and the rep had no issue crediting the account because when they looked at past billing dates it was always the 9th. Its these shady things that I do not trust the telco's at all.