1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else avoiding reading this forum?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - Wireless Networking (private)' started by Mike Bertelson, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    I’m doing my best not to pay too much attention to everyone’s setup issues and fixes because I want to go into setting it up on my HR23 without any preconceptions.

Although, I have to admit it's hardbut I'm successful so far. It's interesting stuff. :grin:

If you’re not setting it up on an HR20 what are you doing?

Mike

2. tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    I was the same way last week, Mike, until I got it setup. I didn't want to inadvertently pick up any tips or tricks that would help in setup. :grin:

3. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    I am waiting until the H21 receives the needed software, since that will be where I want the Adapter installed. But, still skimming thru the forum.

4. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    Mike,

I had a way kewl weekend of fun during Mrs. Smiddy's Graduation Party and have yet to do anything with the field trial, other than download CEs on Saturday (actually Sunday morning). I plan on doing the install sometime this week, so I am trying not to place any preconcieved notions into what I intend to do, so I am also avoiding the threads. But it is tough to do...

5. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    I guess I'm not the only one who doesn't want to pick up any tips. Good to know. :grin:

Mike

6. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Waiting anxiously! :D

7. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan Active Member

Nov 29, 2005
    I've been a little involved in the threads.

I'm wondering if we will get an update for any of thre receiver's that need them before the usually Friday delivery? :D

8. jba115

jba115 Godfather

Oct 6, 2006
    I'm with you guys on that. Tried it all on my own. Found I didn't have to go to the computer/CD to set it up. Plugged in power, waited a minute, plugged in ethernet cable from existing PLA and in less than a minute all was working fine. Tho I should mention, I did use WPS which probably made it easier than it would have been without it. Very nice feature.

And I'm an old guy. Somewhat tech savvy, but certainly not that far above average. DOD and mediashare seem fine.

Looking forward to resuming MRV to see if this improves that, tho mine was pretty good thru the PLAs.

9. Movieman

Movieman Hall Of Fame

May 8, 2009
    I already set mine up with my HR23 because I wanted to make sure the hardware worked. I have been reading and posting as much as I have time for. Personally I want to see the mistakes and how we can get around them so that I can help those that will use this product later. If my receivers shows up on the next CE then I will undo everything and start again. I also needed to set it up for the pics that I took.

10. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    That sounds just like my experience and I'm an old guy also (70). I had it running within a few minutes of finding the box on my doorstep.

For those who have WPS-capable routers, this should be the recommended procedure (unfortunately that won't work for everyone). One advantage of WPS (or using the setup wizard) is that the bridge gets assigned an IP address (if you set it up with the DVR, apparently the default address is not changed). Having an address which is on your network allows you to access the bridge with your browser, although that probably won't be of much use to the average customer.

11. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    Waiting for the HR23-700 to get the 610 support,but still checking the threads out when I get time. :)

12. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I'm testing on the HR20-100 but have stalled in testing since the HR2X GUI won't accept more than 26 chars in the passphrase, so I'm just hanging out waiting until Friday, hoping this limitation is removed.

In the meantime, though, I'm definitely ignoring this forum and especially this thread. ;)

13. WERA689

WERA689 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2006
    Canton, GA
    I've been skimming them, but making sure that I don't "digest" any of the fixes or workarounds. I haven't attempted to connect the WET since the download this weekend, but the HR20-700 is waiting for me.

If I have any issues, I'll look for solutions ONLY when I've exhausted my own knowledge. Trying to keep the J6P thing going as long as I can :)

14. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    I think that one of the outcomes of this testing will be for someone (DirecTV, for example) to craft a simple "step-by-step" install guide that fits the DirecTV implementation of this device.

All of the information here will certainly help to identify what works and what doesn't, as well as the best path)s) to follow for a "first time" install.

That might even be a good goal for the First Look....not sure...

15. tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    I'd agree with that and add that they're probably also looking to compile a solutions guide/script for their CSRs to follow should anyone run into trouble when installing.

16. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Is it Friday yet? I want to test my WET610N on my HR21-700! :D

17. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Anticipation threads start on Thursdays....:D:D:D

18. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    I will be setting mine up tonight or tomorrow for sure.

19. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I had a busy day yesterday and another one ahead of me today, so I won't be attempting to plg in the bridge and test the limits on the passphrase until very late today. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.