anyone else got this email?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by lacubs, Nov 15, 2019.

1. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    2019 NFL SUNDAY TICKET is on us!
    This calls for a mid-season celebration. As one of our most valued customers, we’ve hooked you up with the remaining season of 2019 NFL SUNDAY TICKET!* Only DIRECTV® can bring you every live out-of-market game, every Sunday, from start to finish—no matter where you live (select international games excluded). So enjoy NFL SUNDAY TICKET every week, the way you want:

Courtesy of AT&T Thanks

dtv757 likes this.
  2. wolverines1

wolverines1 New Member

Sep 1, 2012
    I didn't, but wish I did!!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3. skizer

skizer AllStar

May 16, 2004
    Yes, I got the same one earlier this evening

dtv757 likes this.
  4. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    I got it

dtv757 likes this.
  5. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    Nice congrats

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

6. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Don't forget to cancel next Aug 2020 --as it's NOW on AUTO-RENEW --another AT&T gotcha

7. Rob37

Rob37 Active Member

Jul 10, 2013
    I wish I could get an e-mail from DIRECTV that states "For being such a loyal DIRECTV customer since 1997 and paying each & every year NFL Sunday Ticket & MLB Extra Innings and sometimes ordering NBA League Pass on top of your regular DIRECTV programming package "we’re lowering your monthly bill down to $60 every month permanently" all because you’re a very loyal subscriber. NOW that is something I could live with. But I doubt that ever happens. Ahhh I can dream.

8. Artificial Paradise

Artificial Paradise Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Cleveland
    I got that email also, along with another with Sunday’s schedule. The last time I got “free” ST, I did call and cancel after the season ended, yet they stated to bill me for the next season and I had to call to get that removed form my bill. With AT&T, nothing is ever “free”.

9. bjdotson

bjdotson Legend

Feb 20, 2007
    Same think happened under "old" directv. This is not just an ATT thing.

10. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    I did not get the email.
    I’m curious to know what packages you have and how long you’ve been with D*.

11. wolverines1

wolverines1 New Member

Sep 1, 2012
    AGREED, because I didn't get it either!!!!!

Sent from my SM-T727V using Tapatalk

12. Artificial Paradise

Artificial Paradise Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Cleveland
    Perhaps it did for you and others. However when I had “complimentary “ ST under the original reign, the cancellation was handled with one call. Under AT&T it was much different and a lot worse.

13. balboadave

balboadave Legend

Mar 3, 2010
    Newport...
    I got the Sunday Ticket schedule email at first, so that confused me for a while thinking there was some weird mistake, then 10 minutes later I got the notice I was getting the package.

As far as cancellation, the email specifically says in the fine print "Package will not automatically renew." Of course that should be checked anyways, but an attempt to do it right is being made.

14. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Perhaps what customer category (Blue, Gold or Platinum) you fall under determines who is getting this offer.

15. Richjr42

Richjr42 New Member

Nov 10, 2012
    I didn’t get it either.

16. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    i have the Platinum Tier, and been with Directv since 01 or 02

17. techguy88

techguy88 Active Member

Mar 19, 2015
    This sounds like a private offer for Platinum tier members. Previously AT&T has done things like this before in the past one year Gold tier members were eligible for NFL ST Max for $99.96 (this could be split between 4 installments or 1 installment) while Platinum tier members got the whole season for free. Platinum tier got their benefit automatically while Gold tier members had to respond to their email.

Services eligible for AT&T Thanks:
    • Core services
      • Post-paid Wireless (any plan)
      • Premium TV (DirecTV or U-Verse TV, any plan)
      • High speed AT&T Internet (formally U-Verse Internet)
    • Premium features
      • Post-paid Wireless
        • Grandfathered plans that have 15GB+ data (i.e. Mobile Share Value 15GB or more, Mobile Share Advantage 15GB or more)
        • An AT&T Unlimited plan (i.e. grandfathered plans like Choice/Plus or current plans like Starter, Extra and &More Premium)
      • Certain Premium TV plans
        • DirecTV: Ultimate (240+ channels) or Premier / Lo Maximo
        • U-Verse TV: U300 (equivalent of DirecTV Ultimate) / U300LA or U450 (equivalent of DirecTV Premier) / U450LA
    Minimal eligibility per tier:
    • Blue:
      • 1 AT&T core service with no premium features
    • Gold:
      • 1 AT&T core service with a premium feature (i.e. Post-paid Wireless + MSA 15GB or DirecTV with Ultimate base package)
      • 2 AT&T core services with no premium features (i.e. Wireless + Premium TV or AT&T Internet + Premium TV or Wireless + Internet)
      • 3 AT&T core services with no premium features
    • Platinum:
      • 2 AT&T core services both with premium features (i.e. Wireless with Unlimited Extra and DirecTV with Ultimate base package)
      • 3 AT&T core services with 1 premium feature (i.e. Wireless, U-Verse TV with U300 and AT&T Internet)
    The offer this year is most likely a "Special Private Offer" to Platinum tier members from the sounds of it.

Athlon646464 likes this.
  18. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    is their any tier pass Platinum?

19. the future is now

the future is now AllStar

Jun 9, 2010
    Los Angeles
    i also got this email, tho i'm a Rams fan and get all those games free anyways. looking forward to watching the Red Zone channel. i also got an email where they are giving me Spotify for free for six months and that one expires 12/31. i'm defiantly signing up for that by years end as i think Spotify is the best thing ever! i'm just finishing up my free trial of SiriusXM first and then will switch from free Spotify to the promo next month.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  20. techguy88

techguy88 Active Member

Mar 19, 2015
    No Platinum is the highest tier in the AT&T Thanks program.