anyone have issues this morning??

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by monkeyhouse, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monkeyhouse

monkeyhouse Cool Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Seems like the correct thread for me to post on is now closed, so I hope I'm not causing issues by posting here. I am using one receiver, HR21-100 and I forced the CE update from Halloween(029A I believe). I may be wrong, but I don't believe there have been any national releases since then. I haven't had any issues really worth mentioning until this morning. When I turned on the receiver, I had only a white screen. I could change channels, but the same picture on each channel. So, I did a reset from the red button and took a shower. I heard the tv come back on on Mike and Mike. Then before I came out it was silent again. This time the picture was froze. I could still change channels, but every channel was white again. I just turned the unit off and came to work, but I was wondering if anyone else had issues today?

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    You may have received the 0x029b update.

3. monkeyhouse

monkeyhouse Cool Member

Sep 24, 2008
    Thanks Stu, I'll check and see, I just figured since it was cancelled last weekend for my receiver, that wouldn't be happening.

4. Mavrick

Mavrick Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    When I got up this morning my HR21-700 had just a black screen the menus still worked and signal levels were fine but every channel I changed to had nothing but a black screen.

I did a menu reset and then everything was fine.

Oh yeah I received 29b last saturday morning.

5. reds1963

reds1963 Godfather

Aug 28, 2007
    Columbus,Ohio
    same thing , had to do 2 re sets ...dam thing

6. frederic1943

frederic1943 Icon

Dec 1, 2006
    I had the black screen on all channels on one HR21. The other HR21 and HR20 were fine.

7. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    nothing of note here

8. HuzorDaddy

HuzorDaddy Cool Member

Feb 10, 2008
    All of my recordings came up as grey screens this morning. After rebooting one time, the TV was displaying a show, but the remote no longer worked, nor any of the buttons on the front of the receiver, with the exception of the RED button.

Rebooted again and left for work. We'll see if it's any better when I get home. If all of my recordings are corrupted I am going to be an unhappy camper.:mad:

9. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Please report all issues thoroughly in the issues thread for your receiver.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.