1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone have this problem?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by bhigh8, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhigh8

bhigh8 Legend

Oct 4, 2006
    I pause live TV and then hit play. It sometimes jumps right to real time and others it starts off where it was paused.

Then I cant catch up all the way even if i fast forward there is still green showing on the bar when it automatically goes to play. the only way i can actually get to real live time tv is to change the channel.

Is this a known problem.

2. Vinny

Vinny New Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Yes....this a known issue. Seems to have surfaced with last software update.

3. matto

matto Banned User

Sep 1, 2006
    how about reading the sticky threads, then you wouldnt have to ask whether it was a known problem (which it is).

4. LameLefty

LameLefty I used to be a rocket scientist

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    Yes, I had it happen on two programs so far (and only those two), both "semi-live" (meaning, I was not specifically recording them, just watching them and occasionally pausing and catching up as I stopped to go do other things). One was an MPEG4 HD local football game and one was an MPEG2 HD national feed (ESPN HD Sunday morning). Everything else (SD or HD) has paused and resumed just fine.

5. bhigh8

bhigh8 Legend

Oct 4, 2006
    yeah the catching up problem is always there. i can never catch up to live TV no matter what. only switch channels at comercial does it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.