Anyone know a DirecTV installer in the DFW/Weatherford, TX. area?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by Lord Vader, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Supreme Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    A friend of mine in the above Dallas/Fort Worth metro area is a long-time DirecTV subscriber and recently purchased, upon my recommendations, a new HR24 (DirecTV wouldn't promise him one of those if he leased replacement for his old HR21; they said it could be any HR2X model, but I digress). He is such an "old" customer with DirecTV that he still has the old 18" round dish! He wants to install one of the newer Slim-line dishes now that he has a better receiver. He told me he bought a new dish along with the receiver, but he doesn't have the technical smarts to properly install it.

He asked me to check here to see if anyone here knows someone in the above area who could install this dish, because when he asked DirecTV, they quoted him a HUGE price, added on numerous restrictions and extensions to his current non-contract account, and more. I guess they really irritated him; therefore, he is hoping to find someone who could simply install the dish without it going through the usual, now seemingly expensive process. I guess he's hoping to find a DirecTV installer who could do this on his off hours, so to speak. Everything's legitimate: the receiver IS activated with DirecTV, he has a subscription, etc. He just wants to upgrade from the current, old dish.

2. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Supreme Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    Thanks. That's perfect. I'll forward it to him.