Anyone know if AT&T broadband throttles your connection for video?

Discussion in 'IPTV and Internet Video Delivery' started by brant, Mar 3, 2009.

1. brant

brant Icon

Jul 6, 2008
    I have AT&T fastaccess DSL 6.0 @ work.

I've been doing some online training that required me to watch a lot of videos. last night, videos started taking a long time to load, and sometimes would lose the connection completely.

does anyone know for sure if at&t throttles your bandwidth if you use download a certain amount of data?

i've searched the at&t small business site but haven't been able to find an answer.

2. WERA689

WERA689 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2006
    Canton, GA
    I have the same service, in the same area, and I've not seen any indication of throttling here.

3. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Not sure if this is in place system-wide yet.

4. brant

brant Icon

Jul 6, 2008
    i hope they don't start putting caps on their business customers.

we send and receive massive amounts of data. i could tolerate usage fees, as long as there are no bandwidth restrictions.

5. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    THey have not done anything to Business customers and have said that they are not planning on it. Also, teh trials have not moved nationwide. I am sure places around the net would light up if they had. It is probably just the fact that ATT just had some issues at that time.

6. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    You also have to consider the source for the video you are accessing... if a lot of people are accessing the same training video or the server it resides on you can see some slowing. If you are experiencing the slowing, open another tab in the browser window and go to speedtest.net and check your speeds while the video is running and then test it again without the video running.