Anyone seeing odd OTA channels in their guide?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by zer0cool, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zer0cool

zer0cool Godfather

Nov 23, 2004
    Yesterday, I noticed some odd OTa channels showing up in my guide. hey are all 099-XX, ranging from .01 to .50. They appear to be channels for USDTV programming, alrhough the actual programming isn't there. They have names like Lifetime, LMN, ESPN, ESPN2, USDTV, HGTV, FOOD, etc. Most of them just show duplicate feeds of local religious programming though.
    Just wondering if anyone else was seeing them.

2. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    Yes. I saw those after I did a scan for OTA channels. Could never get anything off them so I deleted the channels and of course that also gets rid of the guide data which never said anything but Digital Programming (or some such).

3. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    It's USDTV, eating away bandwidth from stations to provide a pay service OTA.

most folks are not a fan of them...

4. jakattak

jakattak AllStar

Feb 14, 2005
    exactly... when we had our 622 installed i immediately noticed them. if you try to watch them all you get is an ugly graphic on screen (requires usdtv box to decode.) we actually looked at them when they first came out in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, but too few channels and lack of dvr kept me away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.