Anyone use eero for wifi?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by dpeters11, Nov 24, 2016.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    My ISP is going to sell eero equipment and it seems interesting. It's the first isp supported equipment that actually seems any good. They apparently are the first in the country to support them.

Has anyone used these?

2. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    I just read Engadget's article about eero, and it mentioned that you can buy eero devices directly from their web site - currently, $125 for a single unit, $299 for a three pack. That price is slated to go up. Fascinating concept..

3. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    There's also Orbi from Netgear. A bit more $ but seems as though the specs are more robust.

Of course if you have a good router and get it somewhere near the middle of your home, that's the best alternative.

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Yeah, it's on a black Friday deal right now. It's just interesting that my isp is officially supporting them. Generally isp supported equipment is junk, even the ones that time Warner allows as Customer owned.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

5. Wilf

Wilf Legend

Oct 15, 2008
    Ubiquiti is another brand, and Google as well. I suspect there will be more choices for mesh networks to come, and prices will drop. Unless you are in need of upgrading now, I would wait.

6. Wilf

Wilf Legend

Oct 15, 2008
  7. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I actually did end up getting eero, partly due to the subreddit I found where an eero developer is active. I was impressed by that actually.

Like Ars, I had trouble getting 2.0 on one of my devices, but tech support was able to help me with that, and it all worked out.