1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone watching the Cotton Bowl?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by chevyguy559, Jan 4, 2013.

1. chevyguy559

chevyguy559 Fresno State Bulldog!

Sep 19, 2008
    Fresno, CA
    Is it my local FOX station or does the game look like its being streamed in low quality for anyone? :lol: The close-up shots on the field look good, but the far away shots look horrible! Anyone else?

2. csgo

csgo Legend

Oct 15, 2006
    On DirecTV it's pretty grainy, but is much better OTA for me.

I don't follow college football very closely, but this must be a second or third string TV crew. The announcers are high school quality, and they even missed the entire opening kickoff.

3. FenixTX

FenixTX Godfather

Nov 11, 2005
    It's like that for me, too. Watching my local Fox on DirecTV and OTA looks the same. Far away shots look very soft whole close ups look fine. It's like this often with Fox though so it's nothing new.

4. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Sometimes these "HD games" actually use a mix of SD and HD cameras around the stadium.

I'm seeing a mix of very good and marginal video quality, depending on which camera angle is being presented.

They really should not promote a program in HD if they use that much SD camera equipment onsite.

5. chevyguy559

chevyguy559 Fresno State Bulldog!

Sep 19, 2008
    Fresno, CA
    I love watching games that Gus Johnson calls....guy gets so excited it can almost make a mediocre play super exciting! :lol:

Yeah, but IMO NFL looks great on Fox, I wonder why they couldn't get it right for this game...oh well

6. B Newt

B Newt Icon

Aug 12, 2007
    Oh it looks like the OU "Laters" lost the game!