DBSTalk Forum banner

Apple event: 3-7-2012

31K views 416 replies 47 participants last post by  Steve 
#1 ·
So it looks like the iPad 3 will get announced today along with a new Apple TV.

Should be interesting.

Speculation?

#5 ·
had this in the tablet thread but fig I'll just copy it here too then:

While today will be full of Apple news, im putting the Android favoritism part of me aside(at least try to) and will join in on this discussion...

This here sounds actually kinda cool...
http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/4478...-at-ipad3-tech

heres a video of it from before...
http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/01/s...products-antic

In other rumors for this new iPad they state they are actually making the jump to quad-core Apple A6 chip...

I have to say them moving to quad-core seems like its going to happen for this release if you listen to all the blogs and such. Personally I will be surprised if they make the jump to Quad right now as its just not their style. Usually they always do something and leave you wanting something more for the next upgrade. Also Quad would make them be semi-early adapters to that feature which typically isn't their style just like how they hold off LTE implementation for a little bit.

From what I've read their A5 chip was still at 45nm...I have two theories here of what will happen. (One of which will contradict what I said above lol)
1) Quad-core A6 chip thats 45nm based on same Cortex-A9 running at 1GHz roughly
2) dual-core AX chip thats 32nm(since thats what Samsung has worked on lately for their own instead of the 28nm), based on Cortex-A15 so running at speeds of 1.5-2GHz...

I would think that they would rather do option #2 as for the general public all they care about is core# for most part. and even though I would rather have the dual-core Cortex-A15 28nm chip over the quad 32nm Cortex-A9 most of the GP would not b/c they automatically think quad>dual no matter what.
*Unless if they do the Quad Cortex-A9 based chip today and then go straight to quad-core Cortex-A15 based in next release.

#8 ·
trdrjeff said:
Store is offline already for a makeover...I thought the latest rumor was just iPad HD announcement, not Apple TV?
Not the television, just the $99 ATV cube. Rumors are an upgrade to 1080p.

I will be hopefully getting an AT&T 64GB model. Although I might jump on a 32GB if available.

I had hope that the AT&T and Verizon models would be the same so I could switch back and forth if I wanted to, but it seems they will be different. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.