1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple TV Set 2013

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by Marlin Guy, May 25, 2012.

1. Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy Hall Of Fame

Apr 8, 2009
    Word is that Apple will introducing its first TV sets as early as 2013.
    One analyst on Bloomberg this afternoon said that TV buyers could put off buying new sets with Apple's maiden product on the horizon, and that it's not out of the question for them to capture 10% of the market share in the first year. :eek2:

So, beyond full integration with their other products, what do you think they will wow us with?

2. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Besides being an actual TV set, how much different will it be from their current Apple TV box?

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    It will have Apple's price tag on it ! :eek2:

4. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Brushed aluminum.

5. elaclair

elaclair Rescued Racers Live Here

Jun 18, 2004
    Del Mar, CA
    It'll probably be a 4k display. The "retina" of TV sets........and yeah, with an Apple price tag.

6. Sixto

Sixto Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    It will be great to see if there's anything innovative or creative.

The more new ideas the better, and let the mass market decide if it's compelling or not.

Looking forward to it.

7. Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy Hall Of Fame

Apr 8, 2009
    I agree, Sixto.
    Apple has already crated several brand new markets with their innovations.
    Ultimately their innovations benefit us all, whether we buy their products or not.

8. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    If the company will follow their own motto - 'high end only' - with coming new TV sets, then luxury market alreday did show cliff type of business last years. RIP Kuro ....

9. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    What about the Bose LCD TV?

10. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    I read an article yesterday that proposes that Microsoft start selling XBOX hardware and software toTV manufacturers to put in TVs. I think we'll see many more 'app' and 'online' functions in TVs. I think we'll also see Kinect type features used for whole house automation along with SIRI type voice control. How much will Apple put into a TV and for what price? Only the future knows.

11. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I don't know, if they do come up with something like this, a quadHD screen with AppleTV functionality, it will be gorgeous but I won't be able to afford it.

12. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I'm starting to get the impression that when I replace my TV, finding a 2D set with a great picture and no Internet functionality will be hard. I don't need all that, I have a DirecTV DVR and a Roku.

13. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    It'll have Siri.

14. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    It might even be impossible! But if there are still such sets, they likely won't be cheaper than those that have that, given quality for quality, size, etc.

15. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    It will probably be a killer TV but we don't replace a TV as often as phones or tablets or computers. It won't be just an Apple TV put in the TV but I still like the separate units at this point.

It will be interesting how it shapes / re-shapes the TV market.

16. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    My wife it told me we needed a bigger TV, I asked her about the Apple set, she just wants bigger :)