1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

April 14th Charlie Chat

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Mark Holtz, Apr 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 4, 2003 #1 of 39
    Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    Yes, folks, according to Dish Network website, the next Charlie Chat will be on April 14th at 9 PM ET/6 PM PT. It will be interesting what Charlie and Jim will be talking about concerning HDTV, Wink Interactive, FSN Ohio, and ESPN-HD.... or not.

As always, there is the Chat room, which is sometimes more interesting than the Charlie Chat itself.

And, don't forget, the Charlie Chat Drinking Game.

2. Apr 4, 2003 #2 of 39
    Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    What would we do without you, Z'Loth. 2 months in a row now, you start the Charlie Chat thread. I guess we need to pay better attention.

Thread stickyied by me. If you have questions for the chat, post them here! The Dish Network folks will be checking the thread.

3. Apr 4, 2003 #3 of 39
    zulu

zulu Guest

Wht aren't they haveing a technical chat?

4. Apr 4, 2003 #4 of 39
    Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    Every three months, the technical chat replaces the Charlie Chat.

5. Apr 4, 2003 #5 of 39
    jeffwtux

jeffwtux Icon

Apr 27, 2002
    I say flood the email box with FoxSportsOhio questions. Don't let him dodge them. Pretty soon, the majority of customers won't be getting their full sports programming at a higher rate than DirecTV with full sports programming. If they are losing half the Indians this year, I'm sure the Red Wings are next, next year.

6. Apr 4, 2003 #6 of 39
    Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    The next Technical Chat is next month in April, the last one was in January.

7. Apr 4, 2003 #7 of 39
    Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Next month in April? Jacob, change your calendar when you change your clocks, OK? ;)

8. Apr 4, 2003 #8 of 39
    Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    Oops, still not used to April, I am one month off, I meant the last Tech Chat was in February and the next one is next month in which is May. I thought something did not seem right.

9. Apr 4, 2003 #9 of 39
    Mike123abc

Mike123abc Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 19, 2002
    Prediction for Charlie Chat...

New international channels will be announced
    New LIL will be announced
    We will be the leader in HDTV but somehow neglect to mention any new channels
    921 is coming soon, but we do not know when
    You really need to get a 8psk module for your 6000

10. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    I wonder who the guest speaker is going to be? Bill Clinton? lol

11. juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 31, 2003
    I predict he will annonce that he has sold out to Rupert Murdoch.The Yes network will be on in one week. Indian fans will get to see all their games..Then I woke up and forgot the rest of my dream

12. Adam Richey

Adam Richey Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Kokomo, IN
    Charlie - "We are always working to add new channels, and we have quite an announcement for you fans of adult channels. We have added Spice to the line-up. Here to talk about this new channel, our special guest, Bill Clinton."

Bill - "Thanks Charlie. What with Hillary running things now in the Senate, it's hard to spend time with her. I've developed a reputation as being somewhat of a sleeze bag, so when I can't meet any fine ladies, I turn it to this fine network to spice things up a bit. Hehe. I'm telling you. My presidential staff..."

Charlie - OKAY. How about that 8PSK module? Don't we have that on sale still? Let me check with my peanut gallery. Okay.

Okay. I'll shut up now. LOL. I hope that he does announce or at least acknowledge College Sports TV. I would really like that channel.

13. FTA Michael

FTA Michael Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2002
    How many channels will Charlie diss this time? And which ones?

Possibilities include College Sports TV, Trio, PBS Kids, Oxygen, HBO Zone, YES, Fox Sports Ohio, and many more.

Although there was only one diss last month, my guess remains: 3.

14. jeffwtux

jeffwtux Icon

Apr 27, 2002
    HBO Zone really isn't necessary. He's right on that one.

15. juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 31, 2003
    He really does not need the HBO western feeds for the exact same reason.. but he has no problem carrying them..Must be some other secret reason

16. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    More infomercial channels! :p

17. psycaz

psycaz AllStar

Oct 4, 2002
    If they cut my Red Wing games next year, I wouldn't need to leave Dish, my wife would do it before I could reach for the phone.

Also, I can just see him trying to blame the latest outage on the merger falling through.

18. DarrellP

DarrellP Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    OK, Dish if you really are reading this, you need to extend the sale date of your 8psk module beyond the end of April, because until you announce some kind of package HD deal, I will not buy one.

19. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    If they want the business they do what it takes with promotions just as they do with new customers. Them charging for these HD channels is just like having a new customer again for a new product therefore they should give them a promotion to help drive sales for that product and programming.

20. yanks

yanks Guest

I hope Charlie talks about the YES network. I would really like to know what's going on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.