Are the Sling adapters for the 722 free?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by kcolg30, Nov 10, 2011.

1. kcolg30

kcolg30 Godfather

May 11, 2010
    Is there some promotion the DISH is doing to give away free SLINGS for the 722? Do you just call and ask 'I want a free sling' and you agree to add 2 years to your contract or do you still need to pay the $100.

2. MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 18, 2011
    I would be happy to assist you. The Sling Adapter does need to be ordered through a CSR. There is no commitment involved but you would need to pay the $99.00 for the Sling Adapter at the point of sale and then the next day, you can log into your dishnetwork.com online account and submit for the $99.00 MasterCard Rebate. If you would like assistance with ordering, please PM me your account#/phone#, Full name, and the 4 digit pin# on the account for security. Thank you!

3. kcolg30

kcolg30 Godfather

May 11, 2010
    Thanks...Will this offer still apply for a customer that upgraded to a 922 about a month ago and already has 3 leased receivers from DISH.

4. MaryB@DishNetwork

Jan 18, 2011
    You need to have an active 722 on your account. The receiver needs to be connected to the internet and you need to agree to receive marketing e-mails from DISH Network. Having done the 922 upgrade will not exclude you from the rebate offer. :)

5. kcolg30

kcolg30 Godfather

May 11, 2010
    I forgot to ask, does the adapter require the DISH tech to come and install it like they did the 922 receiver or can the user do a 'self-install' of the sling onto a 722(k) as in DISH sending the adapter via UPS/FedEx.

6. MaryB@DishNetwork

Jan 18, 2011
    It is plug and play, not installation required and will ship via UPS. It connects into the USB port on the receiver.

7. BubbaD

BubbaD New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    I just went online and searched MasterCard and rebate and nothing came up.

8. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    it's not a widely available promo, Bubba. You have to order the adapter from an agent firast.

9. Mochastout67

Mochastout67 New Member

Nov 11, 2011
    MaryB, I have a Dish account and an active Vip722, and I paid for and have had the Sling adapter since sometime in February or March of this year. Am I eligible for the $99 rebate?

10. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    nope, it started mid-May.

11. MaryB@DishNetwork

Jan 18, 2011
    If you would like my asistance with this, please just send me a PM with your account information and I can assist with ordering under the rebate.

Yes, coldsteel is correct on this. The Sling Adapter had to be ordered after 5-18-11 in order to qualify for the rebate.

12. Mochastout67

Mochastout67 New Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Wow, that really stinks... This rebate program has been going on now for six months, and people get their Sling adapters basically free every day. I wouldn't normally complain but we're talking about $100 here. Gee, thanks Dish... next time I'll think twice before jumping on a new device too soon... my bad. :(

13. dualsub2006

dualsub2006 Icon

Aug 28, 2007
    Come on dude, you bought that thing 2, maybe 3 months before the rebate kicked in. You got no beef here. It's not like you bought it 2 days before the rebate started.

14. finniganps

finniganps Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    I had so many problems with it that they eventually just credited my account $99 instead of having to go through the rebate. I still get spotty service on it. If it wasn't free, I would have returned it since there were so many problems and now that it's up it only works sporadically.

15. Transplanted Yankee

Transplanted Yankee Mentor

Oct 17, 2010
    I had a 722K and Sling Adapter setup yesterday. The Adapter seems to work fine with a few quirks. It appears when connected to Dish OnLine it would show the receiver w/ Sling disconnected. If I select another receiver, then go back to the one with the Adapter, it then shows as online.
    Stil waiting on the rebate link to appear in my account, but I've read it takes awhile.

16. Mochastout67

Mochastout67 New Member

Nov 11, 2011
    It was bad timing for me and I don't have a leg to stand on, you're right... but I can sure vote with my wallet NEXT time Dish introduces some new device. I have to accept it, but I sure don't have to be happy about it and will definitely voice my displeasure over having to pay full price for something that all Dish customers whether old or new have been able to get for FREE just a few months after I bought one. Maybe to you $99 isn't a big deal, but it is to me. But now, rant over... :rolleyes:

17. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Like I bought the Sling app for Android for $30 3 days before the Dish app came out for free? And didn't get a cent back?

*sigh*

18. normang

normang Icon

Nov 14, 2002
    what does MasterCard have to do with the rebate? Do you have to have paid for the adapter with a MasterCard in order to get the rebate?

The only way to order is via CSR, cannot be done online?

19. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    The rebate comes on a Mastercard gift card.

20. normang

normang Icon

Nov 14, 2002
    I see, so I order the sling through a CSR and then go to my account to apply for the rebate and get a Mastercard gift card as the rebate in the mail.. that correct? Is it billed to my account?