1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you satisfied with your satellite service?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Chris Blount, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    0.6%
  2. No

253 vote(s)
    76.9%
  3. Undecided

74 vote(s)
    22.5%
  1. Dec 6, 2005 #1 of 29
    Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001

2. Dec 6, 2005 #2 of 29
    Laverne

Laverne Guest

Feb 17, 2005
    Is 'Polls' a new forum?? :grin:

(BTW, my vote was 'yes'. :))

3. Dec 6, 2005 #3 of 29
    Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    No. It's been around a while. It's mainly for polls on the home page.

4. Dec 6, 2005 #4 of 29
    Redster

Redster Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 14, 2004
    I voted undecided because of the 921. The service I receive from support and the channels to me are excellant but the issues with my $1000 921 are not so fine.

5. Dec 6, 2005 #5 of 29
    BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    I voted yes, as my minimum expectations are satisfied, but I still want E* to offer HD LIL for New York City, and to add the missing HD channels (but NOT to downrez them, sigh... come on guys DON'T go the D* route)

6. Dec 6, 2005 #6 of 29
    AllieVi

AllieVi Hall Of Fame

Apr 10, 2002
    I voted yes. My two 508's and one 4000 have been trouble-free and I'm satisfied with the programming and signal quality.

My largest TV is a 32" CRT. I have one 20" and about a dozen 13" sets. DISH's standard definition suits my needs just fine.

7. Dec 6, 2005 #7 of 29
    JM Anthony

JM Anthony Child of the 60's DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 16, 2003
    I voted "yes" and satisfaction is a relative term in my eyes. Satellite is much better than cable for everything other than OTA HD locals.

8. Dec 9, 2005 #8 of 29
    Kevin L

Kevin L AllStar

Nov 16, 2005
    Southwest...
    I voted no. I have DirecTV, and find it the best for me, having already been a cable and Dish subscriber. However, I'm seriously disappointed in the degredation of PQ from overcompression because of bandwidth limitations. I'm hoping when the new birds are all operational that they'll restore the PQ rather than adding anothe 50 shopping channels. Like most things in my life, I prefer quality over quantity.

9. Dec 9, 2005 #9 of 29
    FenixTX

FenixTX Godfather

Nov 11, 2005
    have directv and very satisfied with it

10. liferules

liferules Godfather

Aug 14, 2005
    I voted "no". The 942 deal is frustrating. Why won't they lease it to existing customers? I'm not about to shell out $700 only to have the MPEG-4 receiver released. I am not trusting that they will offer a buy-back program, etc... so for the time being, I'm watching normal TV on my HDTV...

11. Stew

Stew Cool Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Absolutely satisfied. I've got E* with a 942 and have been a happy camper since moving from Charter Cable 2 months ago. I'm either dumb as a stump or have a 942 that has worked flawlessly since I had it installed.

The only thing I would have liked is a Dish 1000 to go along with the 942 so I could get Voom and everything else on one dish.

12. Mike D-CO5

Mike D-CO5 Hall Of Fame

Mar 11, 2003
    I was happy until the Voom channels started pixelating and having audio drop outs. Dish needs to put Voom back in true HD. If not I am dropping ALL HD channels except the ones that come free with HBo /Showtime subscriptions.

13. DanPFW

DanPFW Cool Member

Sep 12, 2005
    No, picture quality has gone in the toilet since I originally subscribed 10 years ago. I'm not a videophile, but it's is still getting tougher to watch every day!

14. Terry740

Terry740 AllStar

Nov 15, 2005
    I voted undecided . I am waiting for two things to make a final decision , local HD channels and a la carte programming . These two things would gratify me.

15. bdv1979

bdv1979 New Member

Dec 14, 2005
    I have had installers at my house 5 times and I still can't get HD off air channels and no one seems to know what they are doing. It makes me want to scream:mad:

16. News Junky

News Junky Icon

Mar 16, 2005
    Its no different than cable IMHO. The only difference is the method of delivery. Huge opportunities are not being taken advantage of but I understand its not the fault of the setellite services.

Thanks to D* for NFL ST and regional sports packages available nationally.
    Thanks to E* for Superstantions Package and the Africa network.

I only would like more innovations like that especially local news from distance cities.

17. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    Happy? Yes.

Better than cable? Beyond all measue.

The best thing that happened to rural America since the interstate highway system? Certainly.

Satisfied? No. Is EVERY channel that is capable of drawing an audience available to me? No. It should be.

18. Ronmort

Ronmort Godfather

Apr 23, 2002
    I vote Undecided because I went to Dish Network for a HD receiver, got stuck with an 18 month commitment. I had so much trouble with the receiver that I switched it with the standard receiver, so the HD receiver is on a non-HD tv that is hardly ever on, and the standard is on the HD tv that is watched quite a bit. By the way, I did call Dish. They sent me a new one, same problems. I think the Dish installer used an old cable wire that was in the cellar for years.

I also didn't care too much about not getting YES because I don't like the Yankees, but I thought the Mets would be on Dish. It is up in the air right now, so I may be out of luck since the Phillies, Mets, and Yankees, my home based teams, may not be on Dish, but two of them will be on DTV except for the few games on WPIX and WWOR to which I subscribe.

I do like the channel line-up on Dish, and the DVR is great.

19. mruk69

mruk69 Legend

Jul 26, 2003
    I voted no because the picture quality on my 2700 and 301 are awful.
    Every time i here Dish talk about 100% digital I feel like blowing my Tv up.

20. booger

booger Legend

Oct 31, 2005
    I've been a Charter Cable and Direct TV sub in the past. I'm now sub'd to Dish with a 625 DVR and I love it. So does the wife.

I have noticed pixelation on some channels lately but overall, I am satisfied.

One more reason not to sub to cable is the ice storm that hit the southeast last week. Some Charter cable users have been without TV since last Thursday 15th and some will not get their tv back until tomorrow evening.

As soon as my power came back on, I had TV. It's not like this happens all the time but when it does, you'll be glad you sub'd to satellite.

Rain fade is not nearly as bad as being down for days.

My 2 cents.