Armstrong Cable Introducing Cloud DVR

Discussion in 'Cable TV Discussion' started by JIMbo!, May 3, 2021.

1. May 3, 2021 #1 of 10
    JIMbo!

JIMbo! New Member

May 3, 2021
    Armstrong Cable (Mainly Western PA and surrounding states) introducing internet Tv option that completely replaces tradition cable tv.
    [​IMG]

Armstrong IP dvr - Album on Imgur

How does this compare to other competitors options? Price seems to be $ 9.95 for the first unit plus $5 each additional box after.

Streaming through these devices does not go against your internet allowance (data cap).

2. May 3, 2021 #2 of 10
    compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Interesting it uses tivo Makes me wonder what the device is. Good for them. Except there channel selection still sucks and tv service is insanely expensive

JIMbo! likes this.
  3. May 3, 2021 #3 of 10
    JIMbo!

JIMbo! New Member

May 3, 2021
    Armstrong is notorious for the lack of variety in channels (even more so for sports fans). Probably better off moving towards a more streaming approach than trying to keep up with inflating cable prices.

This change however, still won't change prices drastically.

4. May 3, 2021 #4 of 10
    compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Oh I know I live in there area. Still blows my mind they don’t have Big Ten. They are also lacking a lot of basic HD channels

5. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    Ide pay the 20.00 to spectrum for 4 6 tuner dvr boxes before I paid those rates!!! My first two years dvr service is 5.00 a month. I don't need 4 dvr boxes though . I'm old I prefer set top boxes and clickers . Nothing like grabbing a cold one and sitting on the couch and browsing the guide... I dread the day everything goes streaming

mke likes this.
  6. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    the only gripe i have with spectrum is when i move. i will have to pay for them to run fiber to the home again for my 3 gbps down and 3 gbps up internets.

7. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    A local company is installing fiber to the home thoughout the area. No caps, no contracts, no connection fee. I got notice a few weeks ago that they would be in the ROW on my property installing the feeder lines. Prices are better than Xfinity coax.

8. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    were also wired for google fiber out here.. but what in the heck ever happened to them??? competition is good for the consumer!!! also companies should NOT be allowed to block other companies from serving certain areas since it creates monopolies!!!

9. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    So they released this finally And it looks like it is your only option now for TV

EXP: Live TV & Streaming - Armstrong

Its actually interesting since I havent seen anyone else do this with the Tivo Stream.. But its basically the full Tivo Interface on the dongle watching IPTV

10. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    You seem to be laboring under the silly assumption that business do what they do in the interest of their customers. Businesses are in the business of making money and goodwill isn't a substitute for the almighty dollar.
    Most of the time that's what it required to get anyone to offer service in a market. Regulated monopolies are still an imperative in many areas.