1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arrest made in JonBenet Ramsey murder case

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Nick, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    (CNN) -- Authorities have arrested a possible suspect in the decade-old JonBenet Ramsey
    murder investigation, law enforcement sources told CNN on Wednesday.

An investigator with the Boulder County, Colorado, District Attorney's office is bringing the
    man from Bangkok, Thailand, CNN affiliate KUSA reported.

Sources told CBS News that he is a 41-year-old American and second-grade teacher.

Two law enforcement sources told CNN the man was under investigation for an unrelated
    sex crime when information led to his arrest in the Ramsey case.

"It is our hope that this arrest will bring some closure to the Ramsey family after a ten-year
    ordeal." said the family's attorney, Hal Haddon. "We respect the legal process and will have
    no further comment about the case or the evidence until that process is concluded." ...

More @ CNN.com

2. ntexasdude

ntexasdude Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2005
    It's a ruse, OJ did it.

3. jonstad

jonstad Hall Of Fame

Jun 27, 2002
    If you're arrested for a sex crime in Bangkok, you must be a pretty sick puppy!:yesman:

4. billpa

billpa Icon

Jul 11, 2003
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the conventional wisdom after this girl's death that one of the parents did it?
    It's like when that nut in Georgia took off prior to her wedding...there were all these "experts" and talking heads and just general "folk" being interviewed by the media saying "I think the husband probably did it".

Idiots.

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I'm not sure I had a feeling one way or the other about the parents' potential guilt in their daughter's death here... BUT, I always got a weird vibe from them in regards to those "beauty" pageants.

Perhaps I'm a bit modest here... but it somehow seems wrong to me for parents to be dressing up, making up, and parading around 5-6 year old girls made to appear as older women in appearance if not stature... Scenes from those pageants always give me the creeps.

6. Sandman

Sandman Godfather

Sep 23, 2002
    There seems to be a lot of holes in his confession, I always believed the brother was the culprit

Bob

7. D-Bamatech

D-Bamatech Godfather

Jun 28, 2006

---------

My local news has got this guy all over it. Seems that he was a teacher here in my state (about 50 mies from here in Winnfield ALA for the 4th grade)

Students are all over the news (they are grown up now= highschool kids).

The stories are horrific and sad. Whether he killed the Ramsey girl or NOT he is ONE sick individual and needs MORE than Jail by far.

Send him back to that country town and he WILL get real Justice is what i say. The parents on the news talk w/ deep southern draws and their eyes look quite threatening.. Bring his "fanny" here.. Justice would be served in a split second!

8. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    I have been hearing that his former wife is saying that he was with her in Alabama(?) on the day of the murder. It is begining to appear that he is a nut case no matter what.

I agree. Anyone who would do that to a daughter at that age has some loose (not lose) screws IMHO.

9. JM Anthony

JM Anthony Child of the 60's DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 16, 2003
    This is one of those "sick puppy" confessions that won't hold up. There are a number of inconsistencies in his confession (gave her drugs/no drugs in her system; raped her/no evidence; picked her up from school/happened during x-mas break; colorado/georgia).

Can you say, "dork?"

John

10. n8dagr8

n8dagr8 Resident Rounder DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 14, 2004
    Besides, this guy looks like he molest boys, not girls. :D

11. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    On the plus side, maybe they at least caught someone sick and guilty of something else, even if not this particular case.

12. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    I too was creeped out by the beauty pageant video. However, that beign said, one reporter who'd spent a lot of time with the Ramseys over the years noted that the mother's family was involved in those kinds of pageants - LOTS of the family - sisters, mother, aunts, etc. The reporter said that, although it might look strange to the casual observer, it's no different than a family who has a lot of high school/college football players in their ranks who dress up a kid in a football jersey.

13. pjmrt

pjmrt Hall Of Fame

Jul 17, 2003
    as much as the "beauty pagent" video creeps me out - more so this nut-case who confessed. He was "there when she died" as he says, an "accident" - she was beaten and strangled, and to his own statement, he was alone with her when she died. This guy really gives me the creeps - whether he really did it or not.

14. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    I don't know what to believe on this one but I think that pj speaks for a lot of us on thsi one----the whole thing creeps us out.

15. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    The guy reminds me of someone from Hollywood. He looks a little bit like French Stewart, but I think he reminds me most of Bruce Payne.

16. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    There are a lot of inconsistencies in this guy's confession. The DNA evidence will go a long way to establishing whether he was present or not. From statements by the attorneys involved, the Ramsey's attorney and the Prosecuting Attorney, they have hard evidence that goes beyond his emails and confession. I hope so. He has obviously been obsessed with the girl for a decade, and he may really believe he was "with her" when she died.

17. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I guess the difference to me... between dressing up a little girl in makeup and adult-style clothing for a pageant... and dressing up a little boy in a tux or football uniform or whatever...

and maybe this is a double-standard by me... but there appears to be an attempt to sexualize those little girls in the pageant by making them appear as if they were "little women"... whereas a similarly adult-dressed boy is not sexualized in appearance.

I would be equally creeped, however, if they were parading the boys around greased up a-la the male body building tournaments... but maybe that's me being oversensitive.

In a related note, I can't figure out who thinks it is good to dress their young and early teenage girls in those short-shorts with words like "cheer" written on the behind. You can't help but notice the text, even if you don't want to... and like a billboard, if you put text there you're inviting people to read, and that means you are also inviting all the wrong people (like the guy arrested in this thread) to look as well.

I cringe at some parents' choices as to what is appropriate (age-appropriate) is all for their girls in particular.

All that said... back on topic... it does sound to me, the more we hear, that this guy *may* turn out to be one of those guys who likes to research and admit to crimes he didn't do... Could be "fun" to him OR could be out of guilt for other things he got away with doing.

18. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    In the interviews shown from Thailand the guy appears to be sedated. Its hard to tell how in touch he is with reality normally, but he appears to be stoned in the news footage. He could barely walk, with somebody on each side of him.

19. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
  20. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Some people will do anything for their 15 minutes of fame. And this guy nmay really have convinced himself that he did it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.