1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask Dbstalk:921 And Ota Channel Mapping

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by Eagles, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Eagles

Eagles Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 31, 2003
    Mark, I ran into a problem which I guess you could say I'm lucky to have. I recently raised my OTA antenna and improved my OTA reception capabilities dramatically. I'm able to receive CBS out of Baltimore. (DT# 38 re-mapped to 013-01) I also get ABC out of Portsmouth, Va. (DT# 41 re-mapped to 013-01) I already had 013-01 out of Baltimore scanned and saved. When I scanned DT# 41 out of Portsmouth the only station added was 013-02 which was ABC News out of Portsmouth. 013-01 out of Portsmouth did not get added. I guess this was because the 013-01 slot was already taken. I then went into the MENU, #6, #8 screen and removed the 013-01 out of Baltimore, and tried again to manually add DT# 41 out of Portsmouth. This allowed me to receive the main ABC channel out of Portsmouth. I then rotated my antenna to Baltimore and rescanned DT# 38. I then saved and changed to channel 013-01. The info bar at the top still listed the channel as WVEC out of Portsmouth, but WJZ out of Baltimore actually came on. I then changed to a SAT channel and rotated to Portsmouth. Changed to 013-01 and screen was blank. I guess this is a long way of asking if there is any way to receive both of these channels without having to remove and rescan everytime I may want to switch between the two.

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Damn, that's a brand new one! Congrats Eagles!

Ummm right now I seriously doubt it...version after next, maybe, although I don't know how the 921 should deal with this one.

Absolutely please post this as a bug report in the Bug Reports forum!

3. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Hall Of Fame

Jan 15, 2004
    Well dang! That is a toughie!