1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASK DBSTALK: getting the progtram guide to jump ahead one week

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by JoeQ, Feb 25, 2004.

1. JoeQ

JoeQ AllStar

Dec 17, 2003
    I know I asked this but I can not find it in the search function.

How do you get the program guide to jump ahead a few days or a week?

Holding the guide navigation button down for 1/2 hour is not acceptable:)

Also - Mark do you think we could make one thread call 'stupid 921 tricks' where one can go to find answers to such things as what I just asked or this example:

Title: How to get signal strength display on OTA channel?
    Body: In the tuner box, down arrow to the Off-Air option
    scroll to the channel in question - it will show you signal strength for that particular channel.

Thanks,
    Joe

2. guruka

guruka Troublemaker/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 27, 2003
    Open the guide and use the PVR "Jump Forward" and "Jump Back" buttons (curly arrows) to move forward and back a day at a time. OR, enter the number of hours you want to jump via the numeric keypad on the remote and then hit the blue arrow forward or back to jump that number of hours ahead or back. e.g., 168-Forward Arrow moves you ahead one week.

.....G

3. kmcnamara

kmcnamara Icon

Jan 30, 2004
    I can actually answer this!

Enter the # of hours into the future you want to go and press the right-arrow button. For example, while in the guide, enter "96" and then Right-arrow one time. You'll jump exactly 4 days into the future.

4. kmcnamara

kmcnamara Icon

Jan 30, 2004
    You beat me to it. :D Actually, I like your solution better.

5. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    And, there is a "Secret 921 Tips and Tricks" thread in the Dish DVR forum. :)

6. JoeQ

JoeQ AllStar

Dec 17, 2003
    Doh - guess I better go look for it:)

Thanks for all that replied.

I am compiling my own "Secret 921 Tips and Tricks" in Word and will eventually staple it into the manual cause the manual stinks.

Joe