1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASK DBSTalk: KRQE OTA Audio Echo?

Discussion in 'Local Reception' started by lujan, Mar 23, 2004.

1. lujan

lujan Hall Of Fame

Feb 10, 2004
    On several occasions now, I've been getting an echo in the audio of an OTA DT channel. It seems to only occur with the KRQE (CBS) OTA DT channel when broadcasting in HD. Has anyone else experienced this audio problem and did they find a solution for it. Is it the 921, the HD antenna or the way the channel is being broadcast? When the echo is occurring, you can't really tell what is being said. It's somewhat annoying so I tend to switch to 8811, the CBS local SD station.

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    I have never heard an echo on any of my OTA channels here in Denver. I'd say either there's something weird about how your station is broadcasting, or there's something that your receiver is doing to the audio that's causing the echo.

3. lujan

lujan Hall Of Fame

Feb 10, 2004
    The local KRQE (CBS) HD station just emailed me saying that they are having problems with their equipment, but since this audio problem comes and goes without consistency, it may be a while before it's corrected.

4. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    That makes sense.

As this isn't a 921 problem, I'm moving the thread to the Broadcast Forum.

5. ibglowin

ibglowin Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Sep 10, 2002
    I have heard it to on many occasions in the past year. It occurs on regular (digital) programming as well as HD. I hear it as an audio dropout every second or two. It occurs on my 6000, my 921 and MyHD tuner card so its not just a Dish receiver problem.

6. dfergie

dfergie Hall Of Fame

Feb 27, 2003
    Try this url
    http//:www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.phb?threadid=43842&goto-newpost
    It should explain...