1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask Dbstalk: Next Update?

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by Eagles, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Eagles

Eagles Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 31, 2003
    I read on another thread that the next software update is close to release.
    Any info or comments? !pride

2. Slordak

Slordak Hall Of Fame

Dec 17, 2003
    I doubt it; the last release came out on February 19th, so it's looking like about a month between releases (and this is an accelerated / hard push schedule). I would suspect a new release to come out more between the middle and end of March.

I don't have any special inside information here, but it takes a while to actually fix significant software bugs. In some ways, it kind of feels like L146 was rushed out the door before it was fully completed. Consider that it was actually worse in some ways than L145 (e.g. the remote issue?), and that two of the L146 "fixes" were purely cosmetic (e.g. changing the copyright date to 2004).

3. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    My guess here (and this is just a guess) is that it will be AT LEAST 3 more weeks before you see another update. There are a lot of areas being worked on right now.

I suspect that the 2 cosmetic fixes that were included in the L146 fix list wouldn't have even been mentioned, except for the fact that I asked them to provide us a complete list, not just a list of the major items.

4. kmcnamara

kmcnamara Icon

Jan 30, 2004
    Well, they better fix the "Local Progamming" bug in the next release. It basically renders to box unusable. :D

5. lex61564

lex61564 AllStar

Feb 10, 2004
    I think we are looking at about a month according to dish, three to four weeks.

6. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    I've told you all this before...(and yes, I see the smilie) that the "Local Programming" won't be here until at least late spring/early summer, and frankly isn't something that the programmers have much say about - that one has to come from Dish here in Denver to get the guide data worked out.

So, no - it ain't gonna be fixed in the next software release.

7. DVDDAD

DVDDAD Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 21, 2002
    Of what year? Sorry I couldn't resist!

8. kmcnamara

kmcnamara Icon

Jan 30, 2004
    Mark, I was referring to the misspelling in the local channel program guide.

9. Mark Lamutt

Mar 23, 2002
    Ah...gotcha. :)