1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASK: Picture adjustment question

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by Laverne, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Laverne

Laverne Guest

Feb 17, 2005
    Here's a question for you, Jason... :) (And BTW, I see you're still listed as a mod, but your name is not bold in the 811 forum mod list.. Why is that?? :confused: )

I haven't asked a question in a long time, so I knew I was feeling too smart for my own good.. Either that or I was just being quite unobservant, probably the latter. :)

Since I have been watching the Olympics in HD on my local NBC HD channel OTA, I've noticed that the banner and overlays are slightly off-center from the picture. I know this because I have a 4:3 set, and when they play the SD format commercials on the HD channel, I get black on all four sides of the picture, so I know my picture is centered (adjusted correctly using Menu 6-1-9). But the banner is slightly to the right of center, in the picture.

When I try to adjust it, of course it moves the whole picture, not just the banner.

Is there any way I can move just the banner *slightly to the left* without moving the whole picture?? :confused:

:grin:

2. Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    No Laverne, not that I am aware of.

3. Laverne

Laverne Guest

Feb 17, 2005
    Thanks, Jason. (Glad to see you're OK. :))

[sigh..] That's what I was afraid of. :(

Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?? :confused: