Ask: Set DVI port to inactive during standby

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by tomi1212, Jul 21, 2007.

1. tomi1212

tomi1212 New Member

Jul 21, 2007
    My LCD can automatically detect status of a DVI port and if detects that signal is lost it will go to standby within 10 seconds. If it detects signal again it will come out of standby. This is very useful as it allows for ensuring that screen is turned off when not in use.

With 811 when I press the power button on remote or the unit it does not de-activate DVI port: it stays active and shows black. Is there a way to change this behavior?

As a related question, did anyone measure power consumption at standby for this unit? With DVI port active I wonder if there is much difference in power off and power on.

Tom

2. Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    No way to change that Tom. The unit will blank when put into standby, but it is still outputting a signal. The newer units alway output a screen saver, the 811 puts up the screen saver only when inactivity standby shuts the unit down.