1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aspect ratio keeps changing

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by khark, May 17, 2018.

1. khark

khark Mentor

Jan 23, 2005
    Wyoming
    For the last few days I have been having a problem with the aspect ratio changing from 16:9 to 4:3. To correct it I have to go into settings, the ratio is still selected at 16:9 but to correct it have to first select 4:3 and then re-select 16:9. Has anyone else had this problem on their HR54?

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Do you have the 480 resolution checked, If yes uncheck that box and just have the 720p and 1080i selected.
    Go into your Display settings and see under Video, what setting is for Screen Format.

Rich likes this.
  3. khark

khark Mentor

Jan 23, 2005
    Wyoming
    I looked at the display settings and found that only the 480 was checked. This is strange because I have for years only had the Hi def resolutions checked. Obviously some so-called upgrade must have made these changes for me, I know I didn't change them. About all I can do is watch to see if this solves the problem.
    I appreciate you pointing out the obvious solution, I mistakenly though that when I made settings DirecTv would not override my settings. Thanks.

jimmie57 likes this.