AT&T can't deactivate a D 12 without drama

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by TANK, Apr 29, 2020.

1. TANK

TANK Icon DBSTalk Club

Feb 16, 2003
    FLORIDA
    My D12 finally died last month, I have been debating a H24 or a client. Today I decided to deactivate it and save a few dollars. My bill just posted so it's the start of the new cycle,so there shouldn't be any problems.

First I call the 855-422-1614 number and get connected quickly. The nice lady asked for my information and what the problem is. I explain my D12 is DOA and will not power up. She asks for the error code. I tell her there is error code because the D12 will not power up.

Then she says I don't have the protection plan and this is the protection plan number. But she can send a truck fo a $100. I'm curious what a tech can do for a dead D12. She says he can confirm it's dead.

Then I ask to just remove the D12 from my account, she can't do that and transfers me.
    After a 20 minute wait I get connected. it takes another 25 minutes it remove from my account.

I ask if they want a dead D12 returned, he says no .

I get a e-mail confirming the changes to my account. I click the link to see the order changes and I owe them an additional $15 for prorated charges.

AT&T can't do the little things without drama. If any more of my equipment needs replacement I seriously doubt that I will want a new 2 yr commitment.

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Things could be worse. Your DIRECTV bill could be printed in Spanish and reading it could be considered as viewing a PPV! :rolleyes:

3. TANK

TANK Icon DBSTalk Club

Feb 16, 2003
    FLORIDA
    I just checked my account and found I now have a $16 credit.

4. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Since your D12 died, you could have gotten a replacement w/o a contract extension.