AT&T / DIRECTV reach new NBC Universal accord

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by mws192, Sep 13, 2016.

1. mws192

mws192 Godfather

Jun 17, 2010
    "NBC Universal said it has reached a long-term agreement with AT&T to carry its portfolio of networks across all AT&T and DirecTV products, including new streaming services DirecTV Now and DirecTV Preview."

"Through the agreement, AT&T DirecTV and U-Verse customers will continue to have access to NBC Universal broadcast and cable networks live and on-demand through linear TV, online, and TV Everywhere apps."

"The agreement also enhances DirecTV’s 4K UHD programming initiative, by allowing DirecTV to select major sporting events in 4K. DirecTV has already offered Rio Olympics and is delivering Notre Dame football games in 4K UHD under the agreement."

http://www.multichannel.com/news/networks/nbc-att-reach-long-term-carriage-deal/407711#.V9hlqZ9YBmY.twitter

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

1 person likes this.
  2. APB101

APB101 Icon

Sep 1, 2010
    Michigan
    Thank you, mws192!

I hope you don't mind…I mentioned and linked this thread in the "HD Anticipation" thread for what we may want to look for: Esquire Network, Oxygen, and Sprout getting upgraded to HD.

3. mws192

mws192 Godfather

Jun 17, 2010
    STAMFORD, Conn. – January 19, 2017 – NBC Sports Group and AT&T will offer the first live U.S. telecast of the Premier League in 4K ultra high definition (UHD) this weekend to eligible DIRECTV 4K customers*. DIRECTV will distribute the coverage (on channel 106) in the crisp, detail-rich 4K UHD format beginning this Saturday, Jan. 21, with Manchester City v. Tottenham at 12:30 p.m. ET. Premier League coverage in 4K UHD will continue this Sunday, Jan. 22, with Arsenal v. Burnley at 9:15 a.m. ET.

For the remainder of the 2016-17 season, NBC Sports Group will present select Premier League matches in 4K UHD via DIRECTV. 4K UHD coverage of the Premier League will provide the same match coverage as the high definition broadcasts on NBC and NBCSN.

NBC SPORTS GROUP TEAMS UP WITH AT&T TO PRESENT 4K COVERAGE OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE ON DIRECTV

daniloni and KyL416 like this.