AT&T / DirecTV reach new Viacom Accord

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by mws192, Oct 5, 2015.

1. mws192

mws192 Godfather

Jun 17, 2010
    "AT&T Inc. said it reached a multiyear agreement with Viacom Inc. for the media giant to continue providing programming to AT&T’s U-verse TV and DirecTV U.S. subscribers."

"Financial terms of the pact with Viacom weren’t provided, but in its news release Monday, AT&T said the agreement entitles AT&T’s satellite and IPTV platforms to the “best deal in the industry” for Viacom’s TV brands."

http://www.multichannel.com/news/content/viacom-inks-new-deal-att-u-verse-directv/394287

No word of how EPIX is factored in, if at all, just yet.

1 person likes this.
  2. John R. Metzger

John R. Metzger Legend

Apr 23, 2002
    I've wanted Epix for years so I certainly hope we will finally get the channels.

1 person likes this.
  3. APB101

APB101 Icon

Sep 1, 2010
    Michigan
    Really good reporting there, Jon Lafayette!

:sure:

4. DBSSTEPHEN

DBSSTEPHEN Legend

Oct 13, 2009
    SALEM,MISSOU...
    I wonder if that means that DirecTV will be able to start carrying CMT pure and all the other MTV channels and the other vh1 channel

5. Yodaluver281

Yodaluver281 New Member

Feb 16, 2015
    It would be nice to have Epix on DTV, but now that Epix has streaming deals with Amazon and Hulu, it's not really necessary. If DTV will carry it, I hope they got it at a nice cheap price considering that all of their customers that stream can already get those movies elsewhere.

6. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Those streaming deals are all the more reason those channels need to be packaged as hbo is and not lumped into other packages at a set price, otherwise they arent worth squat to Directyv because they would just add cost only.