AT&T Internet/Wireless + Video Services Benefits (D*, U-Verse TV, AT&T TV)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by techguy88, Mar 4, 2020.

1. techguy88

techguy88 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Mods feel free to pin/sticky this for easy reference. Here is a handy guide to the various bundling benefits with AT&T's services.

AT&T Internet
    • Combine billing required for Internet + DirecTV or U-Verse TV in order to get bundle pricing and Unlimited Data benefits
    • AT&T TV is excluded from the combine billing requirement to get bundle pricing and Unlimited Data benefit.
    • AT&T announced in 2018 they would give AT&T TV Now (formally DirecTV Now) customers unlimited data with AT&T Internet without combine billing. Not sure if this is still going on.
    • Combine billing AT&T Internet with AT&T Phone and/or AT&T Wireless (Post-Paid) will get bundle pricing benefits but not Unlimited Data Allowance benefits.
    fc9ee155b20699a9729b968f17ae1123.png

AT&T Wireless (Post-Paid)
    • Unlimited Value (Loyalty only), Unlimited Starter and Unlimited Extra currently have no bundle benefits with AT&T's video products.
    • Unlimited Elite: To redeem the HBO benefit visit this page and go to "How do I get HBO?" in the AT&T Unlimited plans FAQ.
    • Unlimited &More Premium: To select and redeem the free premium benefit visit this support page. &More Premium customers who subscribe to additional movie channels like HBO, Cinemax, Starz and/or Showtime through AT&T WatchTV will automatically have them added to their other AT&T video service (like DirecTV) at no additional cost.
    • Unlimited &More: No premiums are included at no extra cost however these customers can subscribe to HBO, Cinemax, Starz and/or Showtime through AT&T WatchTV will automatically have them added to their other AT&T video service (like DirecTV) at no additional cost.
    • Unlimited Plus, Plus Enhanced, Choice, Choice II, Choice Enhanced: Visit this page on how to redeem the included free HBO benefit.
      • Note AT&T TV Now was formally known as DirecTV Now. AT&T TV Now customers need to select the DirecTV Now button.
      • Customers with AT&T TV need to select "I don't have TV with AT&T" option since AT&T TV didn't exist at the time these plans were created.
    8ac0ec1f11e8ee30d29d35d5cd1c49c7.png
    • Switching between video services on/after November 15, 2018 (i.e. going from U-Verse TV to DirecTV, DirecTV to AT&T TV Now, etc.) will result in a loss of the Video Loyalty Credit.
    • Customers who had Choice or Plus prior to February 28, 2018 but ordered a qualifying video service on March 1, 2018 - November 14, 2018 were able to receive the $15 Video Loyalty Credit.
    • Customers on an eligible plan prior to on/before November 14, 2018 who ordered a qualifying video service on/after November 15, 2018 do not get the Video Loyalty Credit.
    • Only DirecTV or U-Verse TV subscribers on a qualified grandfathered plan with a Video Loyalty Credit can switch to Unlimited Elite only and keep their existing Video Loyalty Credit.
    • Mobility Loyalty and ISM Loyalty can still place a customer on select grandfathered Unlimited Plans (like Plus, &More or &More Premium) if needed to save a customer. However these customers are not eligible for a Video Loyalty Credit as the offer expired on November 15, 2018.
    0125d6bf9d59f83b330d1a57aac231d9.png

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    espaeth likes this.
  2. espaeth

espaeth AllStar

Oct 13, 2003
    Unlimited Elite still has WatchTV. I currently have that plan, and like others, still have access to WatchTV. In order to authenticate HBO Go you have to link it to your ATT WatchTV account, which is likely why it was never retired.

I suspect it will hang around until May if they come up with a new way to do authorization for HBO Max.

techguy88 likes this.
  3. techguy88

Mar 19, 2015
    I never tried it out personally until today. I just followed the instructions to redeem the free HBO benefit with Elite after I migrated to it from Plus. Since HBO is available to me on D* and I use my D* credentials for HBO Go I never fooled with the WatchTV app before. However I can confirm I have access to the full WatchTV service as well.

So I asked a friend about this since AT&T doesn't advertise WatchTV being included with Elite and to his knowledge it isn't supposed to have the WatchTV service. So he looked through everything in their internal database while at work (he says I need to start paying him in beers for my questions) relating to the unlimited plans and WatchTV and found out that Elite currently includes the WatchTV service.

He explained it to me like this "Our guidance for Elite says only HBO is included and WatchTV is merely used to redeem the benefit and for credential purposes for Elite subscribers. I had to re-read carefully the page about 'WatchTV included with select unlimited plans'. This page has a bold note at the top saying 'This page supports &More/&More Premium customers only.' So naturally anyone seeing that would exclude Elite. After reading further down under there is a question 'Which plans included WatchTV?' and in regular size font it says 'Elite, &More Premium and &More.' Originally when Elite launched it was not mentioned at all on this page so this must have been a recent update. So its very easy to miss by anyone."

I also searched the AT&T subreddit and there is a thread started 21 days ago about this and another from 6 days ago with people having WatchTV with Elite so I'm guessing AT&T is becoming the Oprah of cell phone companies and is giving Elite subs free WatchTV.

I will update the tables in first post soon.

espaeth likes this.
  4. steve053

steve053 Godfather

May 11, 2007
    Brookfield, WI
    Question for you techguy88, I have the grandfathered Unlimited Plus plan and am currently receiving $25 off on my DirecTv bill. Am I able to switch service from DirecTv to AT&T TV Now and receive a $25 VLC on AT&T TV Now; or is the credit not transferable?

5. techguy88

Mar 19, 2015
    You will lose the credit as the VLC is no longer offered plus the new AT&T TV Now packages are not eligible for the credit.

If you keep DirecTV you can upgrade from Unlimited Plus to Unlimited Elite and keep the $25 VLC on DirecTV.

espaeth likes this.
  6. techguy88

Mar 19, 2015
    Updated first post added a separate more detailed table about the Video Loyalty Credit, amounts and dates offered.

7. steve053

steve053 Godfather

May 11, 2007
    Brookfield, WI
    Thanks. This very helpful.

techguy88 likes this.
  8. techguy88

Mar 19, 2015
    My friend updated me on the WatchTV with Elite situation a few days ago. He said the internal guidance page was updated and it clarifies that at this time some Elite subs can access the WatchTV bundle however this could change at any time since WatchTV is not advertised as part of Unlimited Elite.