AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain West - Channel 684

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by cmasia, Sep 16, 2017.

1. cmasia

cmasia Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    Las Vegas
    This channel lit up yesterday, and for the most part has been mirroring 683, the exception being when the Rockies are playing.

Today, the Guide lists 684 showing the Idaho State @ Nevada College Football game, starting at 4:00 PDT.

When I turned there after 4:00, I got the dreaded 721 error message, telling me how to order the channel.

I called technical assistance and got a guy who told me the channel was not a full time RSN and would only be showing games exclusive to the channel ( i.e. the Vegas Golden Knights ).
    I attempted to explain the channel was full time and had been lit up until the 4:00 football game started.
    When I told him the on screen Guide showed continuous programming, he told me that did not matter at all.
    Finally, I tried to explain the channel is actually my RSN for Las Vegas.
    All to no avail.

When I hung up, I started writing this, and lo and behold...

684 popped up live and the game is now on.

Today is not a big deal, but they are televising the VGK's very first game on Sunday afternoon @ 2:00PM PDT in Vancouver.

Currently the Tribune provided Guide lists the game at noon.

It's worth recording just to hear their announcers and see the production, so I guess a manual record is in order if the Guide does not get fixed.
    The Guide also shows upcoming Rockies programming I know we should not get.

Sunday, The Knights - Canucks game is also on NHLN 215, so it will be a first chance to see if they have encoded the proper blackout information into the system.

2. DBSSTEPHEN

DBSSTEPHEN Legend

Oct 13, 2009
    SALEM,MISSOU...
    It is not Tribune providing the guided Tribune sold Grace Note to the Nielsen family media and it is owned by them now not Tribune anymore

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

3. cmasia

cmasia Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Hi, DBSS.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Hard to believe an AT&T Sports Network, even if new, cannot provide an accurate program schedule to the very company hired to organize and provide that info back to DirecTV, an AT&T company.

4. cmasia

cmasia Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    Las Vegas
    At exactly 2:00, just as the VGK's game was to air, channel 684 switched from programming to the dreaded 721 error code again.

And 215 NHLN shows is blacked out here in Vegas.

Hard to believe they cannot get this right.

5. cmasia

cmasia Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Waited on hold for almost 20 minutes then got a dummy who had no idea what was going on.
    Claimed I should be able to get the game on 215, since blacked out on 684.
    Explained the error code was 721, not a blackout.

After a bit of arguing, I asked to speak with a supervisor.
    She said a supervisor would not help.
    I insisted.

Then.....

She hung up, and disabled my entire service!
    I am getting 721 messages on EVERY channel, except 200.

Been on hold again another 20 minutes, as it seems they are having Sunday Ticket nightmares.
    Did not get her name and employee number, but if anyone ever answers my call, I will be asking for that information first.

Edit: Checked online and I have no programming at all! This message appears:
    "Your base package and equipment details will be shown here after installation."
    Unbelievable!

6. cmasia

cmasia Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    Las Vegas
    My second phone call lasted 82 minutes, 40 of those waiting on hold for someone.
    The first rep listened to what happened, offered me a $25 credit, then could not solve the problem, so I was transferred somewhere else.
    Finally got to speak with someone who understood what had happened - and after my 4th reboot - and disconnecting 2 HR-44 clients was finally able to get my service back.

And, lo and behold, 684 was now live.

Both people I talked to on the second call told me they would be letting a supervisor know about the original dummy's actions. They would not however, give me a name or Employee ID number.
    They also promised a supervisor would be calling me within 48 hours to get a better understanding of the issue. I'm not holding my breath.

Had a couple of friends over to watch the VGK's and NFLST. So that sucked, too.

A while back, posters mentioned the name of an exec in Customer Service they contacted with success.
    Is she still around? Does anyone have her email address?

Thanks in advance.

7. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
    That was Ellen Filipiak and she is no longer with DirecTV. Whoever replaced here (assuming she was replaced) did not maintain the public access point.

8. cmasia

cmasia Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    Las Vegas
    In earlier posts in this thread, I detailed the horrible behavior of a dummy CSR.

When my programming was reinstated, I was promised a call from supervisor to go over what happened. That call never came.

So I called today, saying "cancel service" and got a very good rep in West Virginia. The outcome was disappointing, but the conversation was interesting.

I started by giving her the Problem Ticket number, which she found immediately. She had a complete detail of the calls I had made about the issue, including the employee number of the reps I had spoken to, including the dummy.

I told her the whole story, and suggested I should receive some sort of compensation for the debacle. She asked what I thought was fair.
    I took a shot and asked for NHL Center Ice free.

She said she needed to run it by her supervisor, and after a few minute wait, she came back and said that was not possible.

When I asked why, she said it was because I had recently been given $70 per month in credits for renewing my contract and buying Sunday Ticket.

She was sympathetic when I said the contract and the current problem were 2 separate issues. After another brief hold, she said there was nothing else that could be done.

I told her I had written my complete recollection of what happened and told her I could not find anything on their website telling me where to send it.

She said that avenue no longer exists. The "email the president" service was discontinued.
    The only 2 ways to communicate now are "Chat" and phone calls.

I asked what, if anything, would happen with the dummy CSR who started the whole thing, and she said a supervisor was already informed and "additional training" was being conducted.
    Finally, she suggested anytime anyone calls in we should immediately ask - and write down - the name and location of the rep.

9. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
  10. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    I always ask for the CSR's name, ID number and location. Tends to keep them honest and professional and gives me a place to pin the tail should something go wrong.