1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AT&T Website Shows My Receivers Offline? They're Not.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Bitterman, May 14, 2018.

1. Bitterman

Bitterman New Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Hudson...
    Has anybody checked their account on AT&T recently? When I get to the equipment area it shows all 3 of my receivers (HR44 Genie, & two HR24's) as offline. I'm using a wireless CCK, not the wifi built into the Genie (where the CCK is located is much closer to my router than the genie). The receivers are definitely online. Says I'm 4k capable when I do a speedtest on the genie. I can watch on demand programs on the other DVR's as well. Whole home DVR works fine, as does the remote control app I have on my phone (indicating the LAN is also working fine).

Anybody else notice this? I'm not that concerned about it since everything is working ok at my house, just odd why they show offline on my account.

TIA

2. Bitterman

Bitterman New Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Hudson...
    Anybody? Could somebody please check their account to see if their receivers actually show online? Mine always did before we were switched over to the AT&T website. We also ordered a movie almost two weeks ago and it has not shown up on my account yet. Previously it would show up within a day or so if not sooner.

TIA

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

3. TDK1044

TDK1044 Godfather

Apr 8, 2010
    Mine display correctly. DirecTV.JPG

4. Bitterman

Bitterman New Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Hudson...
    Thanks for the reply. You were on the AT&T website with that picture? Looks a little different than mine. Also how are you connected to the internet. I'm using a CCK-W, not the wifi built into the Genie. Shouldn't really make a difference I would think though. [​IMG]

5. TDK1044

TDK1044 Godfather

Apr 8, 2010
    I always use the DirecTV website. The AT&T site is a nightmare. I have an AT&T gig speed router for my internet connection.

6. Bitterman

Bitterman New Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Hudson...
    You can't use the DirecTv website for account info anymore. At least I can't. I was forced to change over a couple months ago. Billing, equipment, package changes, etc., are through AT&T now. I've paid my last couple bills on the AT&T site. If you sign in to Your Account on DirecTv.com it redirects you to AT&T. The DirecTv website is only for watching stuff now, no account administration. I don't like the AT&T website either... And when I had to switch over is when my receivers started showing offline... They were always online at DirecTv.com.

7. TDK1044

TDK1044 Godfather

Apr 8, 2010
    Not for me. I can go in there and do everything I used to. I can manage my equipment, pay bills etc. The pic I gave you was from this morning.

8. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    The Blue words "Reconnect" appear to be links. Have you tried clicking on one of them ?

9. Bitterman

Bitterman New Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Hudson...
    Enjoy while you can. They just didn't get to you yet. As you know the AT&T site is not user friendly. [​IMG]

10. Bitterman

Bitterman New Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Hudson...
    Yeah, the links are useless, just basic info. But the thing is my receivers ARE online! I can stream movies, do On Demand, etc, speed test is great on the Genie.

11. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Do you have any other AT&T products (internet, wireless)? And you combined your accounts?

12. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    If they are working fine, I wouldn't lose any sleep over the fact that AT&T has inaccurate information. Sort of a 'norm' for them. :)

Bitterman likes this.
  13. Bitterman

Bitterman New Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Hudson...
    Nope, I've never had AT&T anything until they took over D*.

14. TDK1044

TDK1044 Godfather

Apr 8, 2010

15. TDK1044

TDK1044 Godfather

Apr 8, 2010
    To be honest, as long as everything is working correctly, I could care less how it displays on the AT&T site. In fact, I would take the default position that it will display incorrectly there. :)

ericknolls likes this.
  16. Bitterman

Bitterman New Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Hudson...
    True, lol. I'm a little worried about billing though. A movie we ordered a couple weeks ago still hasn't shown up on my account. Movies used to show up quickly under D*.

17. Bitterman

Bitterman New Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Hudson...
    I guess my next question would be does anybody who's account has been "upgraded" to AT&T have their receivers showing online? lol. I've had D* for over 15 years...but not digging things since the takeover.

18. TDK1044

TDK1044 Godfather

Apr 8, 2010
    I was one of the last to get the new GUI, so with a bit of luck, the same will be the case here. Ironically, just for fun, I just went to the 'My AT&T' site to manage my DirecTV equipment, and it redirected me back to Directv.com lol

Bitterman likes this.
  19. Bitterman

Bitterman New Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Hudson...
    Ok so now apparently I really am not connected to the internet anymore. We tried to watch an on demand earlier and it wouldn't work. Tried to reconnect HR24's to the internet and they would not connect. Same on the Genie.

Now I'm thinking maybe my CCK-W is flaking out. Do a hard reset on the CCK-W and reconnect it to the wifi. Do RBR's on all three receivers. Still no joy.

Next I totally take the CCK-W out of the loop and use the HR-44 to connect to Wi-Fi. Again RBR every receiver yet still no internet!

Try to run a speed test and nothing, but when I go into system info (see pic) it says I AM connected to the internet. WTH

I have also rebooted my router and modem.

Summary:

1) All receivers don't have internet access using either the Genies built in wifi or my old CCK-W.
    2) All other devices (smart TV, 4 cell phones, tablet, two computers) are online with no problem.
    3) Whole Home works just fine, the receivers can see each other no problem.
    4) The Genie shows up 3 times (genie and two HR-24's) in my routers attached devices list.
    5) No firewalls or access controls set in my router. The internet should be "wide open."

I work in IT and am a long time D* customer so I'm comfortable troubleshooting etc., but I'm at a loss now. This all used to work great and there have been no hardware or any other changes (other than receiver software updates and everything switching over to AT&T) for 5-6 months in the house

Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Trying to avoid calling the new D* support but may have too.

Thx

[​IMG]

20. Bitterman

Bitterman New Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Hudson...
    So tonight I sign into my AT&T account to see contact info to get some support for this problem. I see Chat so I figure I'd try that first. First agent can't even find my account using their own account number! Get transferred to another chat agent. They are able to find my account by my phone number at least. Explain my problem in great detail several times and keep getting transferred...

...now I'm on agent number 5 and at least Eduardo seems to have some clue. We go back and forth and he says he can see my receivers ARE online and trying to communicate with AT&T. He talks to some people and says there is a known problem preventing some accounts receivers from being "online" even though they really are connected to the internet. Ok, now we're getting somewhere. He says he can add my account to the list of people having problems and they will contact me when it's fixed or I can have a tech call me back now.

I said how about you add me to the list and have a tech call me too. He says sure and to hold on. After a couple minutes he says they will be calling you now. Sure enough the phone rings and the nice lady says please hold on for a tech. Wait on hold for 15 minutes then a L1 tech gets on the phone and now I have to explain again what's going on. We check the Genie again and even though it says connected to the internet still cannot do anything online. She says she needs to get more info for when the tech comes to my house. I tell her it would be a waste of everybody's time to send a tech here as the problem is not on my side.

She puts me on hold for 25 minutes then comes back on saying there's a known problem with some accounts being online!! She too added my account to the list and says techs should be contacting me in a day or so.

So 5 chat agents, two people on the phone, and 2 hours and 40 minutes, but I at least know there's a problem and it's not on my end. Have to wait and see how long it will take for them to actually fix the issue though!