1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Atlanta HD Locals - Audio Sync

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by sbuko, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sbuko

sbuko Legend

Jan 10, 2006
    Is anyone else in Atlanta having audio sync issues with the ATL HD locals?

I just installed my 622 today. I have access to both the OTA HD locals and the SAT HD locals. My SAT HD locals are having serious audio lag. OTA HD locals do not have the audio lag.

The rest of my SAT channels, both SD and HD are fine.

2. Ken Green

Ken Green Hall Of Fame

Oct 6, 2005
    Try changing the Audio Sync preference.

3. sbuko

sbuko Legend

Jan 10, 2006
    Thanks. Tried that already.

As I said, all standard SD and HD SAT channels are fine, including the new MPEG4 channels from 129. It's only the SAT local HD channels that are showing the delay.

BTW, my video connection is via component. My audio connection is through standard RCA.

4. tedb3rd

tedb3rd Godfather DBSTalk Club

Feb 2, 2006
    I am having audio-sync problems with ATL locals, HD channels; video hangs on HD & SD, some channels no video... Most of the problems occur when TV2 is recording something in the background (dual mode), but it sometimes occurs when only TV1 is on also.

As far as the audio sync problem, here's a cheap fix: tune to the channel, wait about 10 seconds, press the back button (to go back 10 seconds), and that should fix the sync problem.

Good luck. Can't wait 'till Dish works out the bugs!

--Ted

5. sbuko

sbuko Legend

Jan 10, 2006
    I'll try that. Seems that I tried that last night, but I'll try again.

It is only an issue with the ATL SAT HD channels. The ATL SAT SD channels seem fine. OTA HD channels are fine.

I was just wondering if E* was having problems with our ATL HD locals only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.