ATT CSR Hell

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by DirectMan, Feb 16, 2019.

1. DirectMan

DirectMan AllStar

Jul 14, 2007
    I just called ATT on behalf of a friend who has been transitioned to the ATT system from D*. I know people on the board have mentioned that the new system is hell but until you actually call you have no idea how bad it is. I spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone speaking to perhaps 6 different people before i was summarily transferred to a person I could barely hear. I asked her if she was located in the Philippines and she said yes. I asked her if she could transfer me to a US CSR and she tried but the line went dead.

All I can say is that it is a hell of way to run a railroad. I am glad I have not yet been transitioned to the ATT system. ATT is doing its best job in forcing people to leave D* because of lousy uninformed CSR system so that requests cannot be fulfilled.

BigRedFan and gio12 like this.
  2. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Kinda hard to believe, isn't it? Hard to put into words how bad it is. Something you have to experience to believe.

Rich

PennHORN likes this.
  3. dshank522

dshank522 Cool Member

Sep 13, 2009
    Mo.
    Welcome to outsourcing.

4. unixguru

unixguru Godfather

Jul 9, 2007
    It isn't just outsourcing. Its idiot corporation with brain-dead operational systems. It starts with the need to talk to a body at all. And only gets worse from there. My recent experience was mind-boggling. Startups do better on their first day.

5. wrj

wrj Legend

Nov 23, 2006
    I just wish they would get their act together. The last few times I called them they promised me one thing and something else happened. I would get promised credits on my bill and then I wouldn't get that credit but some other deal. Also, I signed up for an internet connection where they assured me of a minimum of performance. Well the promised upload speed was nowhere close to reality. I called again and they sent out a tech who said the speed into and out of my subdivision was well below what I was promised. He basically told me to never believe what AT&T tells you.
    DTV used to be great. I never had issues with them until AT&T took over. Bottom line, don't trust anything they tell you.

6. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    AT&T: Annoying Tantalizing & Tormenting.

JACKIEGAGA likes this.
  7. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    NEVER call on the weekend unless there is no other choice. I think the USA CSRs work from 8 or 9 to 5 Monday thru Friday.

8. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    What is the problem that you were trying to get help with ? Hardware, Software, ??

9. CraigerM

CraigerM Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    St. Louis
    I think using online chat at ATT.com and DirecTV.com is best.

frogg likes this.
  10. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    I used to have AT&T cell (including a 15% discount at work) and land line service. Both were heavily overpriced and both have long ago been cancelled. Their 1Gbps internet pricing is pretty reasonable actually, but they've never upgraded my area above 100Mbps and they want $50/mo for it. I'm on Cox 1Gbps which is pretty pricing, but I'm getting a discount (for now). Hopefully AT&T will upgrade my area soon and/or bring in 5G.

11. BigRedFan

BigRedFan Legend

Mar 28, 2010
    Miami, Florida
    Not anymore ! You now get the Philippines every day of the week.... Unless you're calling to drop DTV, in which case their USA retention team gets your call.

12. grover517

grover517 AllStar

Sep 29, 2007
    When I have had to call recently, I tell the automated prompt that I want to know my contract end date. That usually gets me to retention and a US based rep. Seems the off shore reps don't have access to that info.

13. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Wow, I did not know this since I have not called in about 6 months.

14. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    I have called during the week and have never gotten someone outside the US

15. cmoss5

cmoss5 1960'S NOSTALGIA

May 26, 2006
    Tucker,GA
    Usually if you call after 5:00 PM week days and all day Saturday and Sunday you will get someone overseas...also here is the best number to call DIRECTV and get someone stateside and not overseas is this number...1-866-586-4990....this is direct number for the retention department.

VDP07 likes this.
  16. z28lt1

z28lt1 Legend

Aug 28, 2007
    I have been in CSR Hell all week.
    Call 1) Called, Transferred, Transferred, 3rd person said system is now down, call back in 3 hours
    Call 2) Called, Transferred, Said they need to call back in 30 minutes after talking to "Back Office" called back, completely misunderstood my problem, transferred, got disconnected.
    Call 3) Called, Transferred, was told they need to call back in 30 minutes after talk to "Back Office" no Call Back
    Call 4) Called, Transferred, was given what I believe to be a totally inaccurate response, asked for a supervisor, waited on hold for 15 minutes, disconnected.

So, 4 calls, 9 people, 2 disconnects, and my problem is still not resolved. It is maddening. I love DirecTV, had it for over 20 years, but the complete lack of customer service has me seriously debating quitting. No one wants to own your problem and help you solve it. and if you (politely) tell them what you are hearing is incorrect, they just hang....err...accidently disconnect. Probably need to work on their call time metrics.

17. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    What was your problem?

18. Deels1

Deels1 Cool Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Florida
    ATT isn't DTV and it's a tough adjustment from service to suck is what I think the problem is. Do you have any thoughts?

19. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Being a AT&T customer isn't for whimps.

TXD16 likes this.
  20. grover517

grover517 AllStar

Sep 29, 2007
    Truer words...………………….. From being an ATT WorldNet internet subscriber back in the day to having an ATT Landline both before the govt. forced breakup and after they all merged back together, to now an ATT purchase of DirecTV, ATT has been a nightmare in every sense of the word and in every instance. I truly pity the ATT reps that want to regularly visit my home trying to get me to switch to their internet service or the reps on the phone wanting me to switch my wireless carrier. LOL